denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freewheelers/Bootleggers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 543>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 2:12pm
All this discussed in the CPO thread John - but I don't think anyone has presented 'evidence' to say it's period correct. I think the likelihood is that it is merely an interpretation.

Surprised at your measurements though - 19.5" puts it at about a size 15 (or smaller according to most retailers).
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 2:14pm
Tagged size 16
John B
ongaku View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ongaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

Happy with the shirt, its well made with all the details one would expect of the Freewheelers team. Of note, the shirt is surprisingly trim for a size large CPO at approximately 19.5 inches under arm to under arm. Anyone looking for a more roomy fit should size up at least one size.  I don't know if this shirt is period correct to the 20's with this slim profile verses the more boxy cut a 1940's and later CPO.

John, I just measured my size 16 FW CPO and the p2p measures 53 cm / 20.9 inches. Could yours have had a hot wash/soak?
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 2:20pm

Tagged size 16

Saw that from your pics John - that's why I was a little bit suprised
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by ongaku ongaku wrote:

Happy with the shirt, its well made with all the details one would expect of the Freewheelers team. Of note, the shirt is surprisingly trim for a size large CPO at approximately 19.5 inches under arm to under arm. Anyone looking for a more roomy fit should size up at least one size.  I don't know if this shirt is period correct to the 20's with this slim profile verses the more boxy cut a 1940's and later CPO.

John, I just measured my size 16 FW CPO and the p2p measures 53 cm / 20.9 inches. Could yours have had a hot wash/soak?

I just remeasured. Its 20.9. Sorry for confusion.
John B
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 2:30am
nice one John, I'll have one soon as well
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:24am
Feels a bit dumb to keep posting Hoosier's pictures here, since most interested parties are probably already following them, but the Switchyard is one that I've been hoping to see them shoot

I make things out of leather.
Snake View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:22am
The Hippo Brown Switchyard aged nicely as well. I like how the collar curls a bit with wear too so they look smaller.

Hoosier's IG is worth following as well. Hoosier posts additional pics that are different from the blog.
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:33am
Yeah I had the same thought on the collar.  In the above pic the jacket has kind of a ragged dandy look, which is really the only kind of dandy I can abide (for myself).

Switchyard temptation on the rise.

I make things out of leather.
*lefty* View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *lefty* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 9:42am
I still want that floral indigo scarf. If anyone spots it for sale, please let me know. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 543>
  Share Topic