denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 475>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 7:33am
Looks like LVC has a "new" 1944 501 for Unionmade: http://unionmadegoods.com/product/levis-vintage-clothing-lvc-for-unionmade-1944-ww2-501-in-rigid/
They look nice, but I'm not sure 270$ nice.
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Broark Broark wrote:

Looks like LVC has a "new" 1944 501 for Unionmade: http://unionmadegoods.com/product/levis-vintage-clothing-lvc-for-unionmade-1944-ww2-501-in-rigid/
They look nice, but I'm not sure 270$ nice.

Especially when compared to either of the WWII jeans (1003) Warehouse currently has out.

Positive thing, it looks like they've fixed the pockets so pocket material isn't exposed all the time. But, that might change once the jeans hit water.  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 7:59am
Exactly what I was thinking setterman.
Part of me really wants to own some LVC jeans at some point, but I just don't see why I would right now given all the other options out there.
Blood&Thunder View Drop Down

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blood&Thunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Broark Broark wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking setterman.
Part of me really wants to own some LVC jeans at some point, but I just don't see why I would right now given all the other options out there.

Exactly how I feel.  I like a lot of the pieces they are doing but always seem to find something better elsewhere. 
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 11:57am
Did anyone buy this seasons 33's?

Always like the bells and whistles of this model but was always put off by the price considering the LVC quality control.
Last embers of cyber Monday sale at stylecreep is piquing my interest though.

Please persuade me, so I can blame you when the parcel arrives
NB voucher code is BLACKFLAG for 30% off, bros
haler View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 3:23pm
I have a pair of 33s, but I purchased them here from another user.  No idea what season they're from.  I like them a lot though.
roots in the desert.
rocco1504 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco1504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 3:07pm
Hi

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has been answered a million times before.

I'm looking to buy some LVC jeans from Levis .co.uk, in their sale, I was wondering, where are most LVC items made now, Please ?.

I'm looking to buy the '62 551Z and the '67 505 and I'd like to know if these are likely to be made in the USA still, as that's my desired manufacturing country, kind of like " Nobody makes denim/ Levi's like the Americans" sort of thing Wink.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays to everyone
Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is Optional
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 4:08pm
Levis doesn't make Levis like Levis anymore. Best advice try one of the Japanese or small batch American brands.
John B
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 4:34pm
The 551Z should be made in the USA and the 67 505s in Turkey I think.
Helixing my inner beanie
rocco1504 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco1504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 6:54pm
Thanks for the replies guys.

I realise Levi's don't make 'em like they used to, but LVC seem to be the nearest to original quality of what I used to get years ago.

As for some of the smaller makers, there are some nice denims out there, but most are just stupidly priced, look at Iron Heart, beautiful jeans but nearly £300/ $400-450 over here, it's mad.

I don't know why Levis ever stopped making quality jeans, although I did get an apt explanation from someone when trying to buy a new pair of Shrink to fit, the guy said, "No, these aren't like the original STF's, I think Levi's stopped making those 'cos soft/ spoilt youngsters today don't have the time or patience to wear them in properly"; I had a pair of Orange Tab STF's in the 70's that stood on their own and took at least 2 years to start looking decent, Oh for the good old days.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies, and have a really good Christmas/ New Year
Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is Optional
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 475>
  Share Topic