sneakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 838485
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 1:49am
I picked up a pair of the Nigel Cabourn PT plimsols some time back. I've still not got round to wearing them but they're pretty nice (IMO). Other than that i'm a big fan of the natural converse first string 1970's re-issues.

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 5:39pm
In related news, looks like the formerly Japan made Wakouwa deck shoes will soon be produced overseas. Anatomica Tokyo still has some of the Japan made in stock, but that is the end of the line.
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 5:36pm
That last custom chuck in the natural canvas is really nice.  If they had a Made in USA (or any verifiably non-sweatshop factory) option, I would probably have a big collection of chucks, even at 2 or 3x normal pricing.
I make things out of leather.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 4:36pm
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 7:02pm
I am fond of canvas sneakers -- I only own converse, but they're my favorite.

I'd like some older vintage ones, just never had the money when i've seen them out in the wild.

they're probably too branded for most 'bro's tastes -- but I'm hoping to pick up a pair of Nike All Court's for summer.

saw these on the bay recently, but I think they're too big for me...

Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:45pm
Thanks for starting this thread. ^^Those look good.

Coming across a couple of blog posts by Patrick Segui at Riveted a while back peaked my interest in vintage and USN inspired Deck Shoes.

http://segui-riveted.blogspot.jp/2010/03/ww2-us-navy-canvas-deck-shoes.html

http://segui-riveted.blogspot.jp/2011/05/us-navy-canvas-deck-shoespart2.html

Ended up picking up a pair of the made in Japan Wakouwa from Anatomica Japan last year and have been very happy with them.

They've held up very well, my only regret is I wish that I would have picked up the high top version.

They are ridiculously expensive, but they are one of the only Japanese manufactures who make a size 12, so I am overjoyed to purchase them. It's so enjoyable to actually be able to walk into a shoe store and walk out with a pair of shoes.

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of the brown hi tops this year.

http://parking35.com/items-cat/wakouwa/

However, I recently came across another post from Patrick Segui at Riveted about his custom Converse that made me rethink that. The "Riveted Chucks":

http://segui-riveted.blogspot.jp/2014/03/introducing-riveted-chucks.html

I was unaware that Converse had such a program, but have been playing around with it the last few days and am tempted to order up a pair and give them a try as I can't find any military style gym training shoes in my size. RMC make a nice pair, but only in black and only in non-sasquatch sizes.

Screen capture of the custom chucks I'm thinking about:

skyrunner View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 1:26pm

thread for discussing vintage and repro sneakers or trainers as we call them in the u.k.  i.e converse, pf flyers, pro keds, spring court whatever your favorite is.....
"your mother ate my dog"
"not all of it"!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 838485
  Share Topic