denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRASS Tokyo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Mghart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 5:08am

Just wanted to share pictures of these boots as I received them from Brass the other day. I had ordered these when I went to Japan last year, and 8 months later they're here! This is their Work Round last with black latigo overdye leather. I decided to go up 1 full size from my brannock 10D US, and I think I made the right choice. When I visited the shop, they didn't have this last in my size to try on but a slightly different boot I tried both a half and full size up and the full size felt better to me. Perhaps just a half size up 'could' have worked, but I'd be worried about too snug a fit versus a touch loose. I mostly wear thicker socks so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Amazing craftsmanship from Brass and they feel fairly comfortable right out of the box so I don't think there will be much of a break in process. Excited to see how these wear/age. 

aztecasteve View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aztecasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:16pm
amazing boots!!!!! @Mghart
I've always wanted a pair of engineers from clinch, but their sizing has put me off from buying them.
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:11pm
Gorgeous.
Mghart View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mghart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:00am
Thanks! @Aries

@aztecsteve I waited to visit them in Japan at their shop because I was so worried about sizing as well. After wearing them for two full days on my feet I still feel that I sized correctly as maybe a half size smaller would have been too snug. I compared the length of the Clinch size 11 to other boots like my Aldens and the length is almost the same but the Aldens are a 9.5. I would love to get one of their engineers or another boot from them at some point on perhaps a different last, but I would still want to at least try something on in person again. 
belopsky View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belopsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:50pm
I know this is an old thread, just wanted to keep it all together.

Got a pair of CN last engineer boots from Pancho & Lefty in a 9.5US, which is my Brannock size of 9.5, however I am more of a E width. 

I wear a 9 in Lofgren engineer boots.

I do believe I made the right call in sizing, albeit the boots are a bit long. I put in an insole today and now they fit more like gloves. I think if I had gone with a 9US/10 Clinch they'd be too snug.

FWIW, I tried a 8.5US from Standard and Strange in the Wide last and they were quite snug, perhaps 9Wide is the best Clinch fit for me, but 9.5 with an insole is perhaps just as good or better, seeing as an insole can be used for arch support :)
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:07pm
What insoles are you using mate? I will try an insole in my new Clinch engineers too I think.
belopsky View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote belopsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 2:07pm
I ordered the Pedag Viva Mini, will arrive tomorrow. I tried just an insole from a pair of sneakers.

I've been wearing a bulkier hiking sock the past 24hrs and it's a perfect fit without an insole as well.
Terminator View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:10am
Let me know how they go, I’ve just tried insoles from my sneakers in both my Clinch and Buco and they’re both much better!
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 1:11pm

John B
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
  Share Topic