Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRASS Tokyo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:03am
Ed, Ishy play nicely please, There is just no need for it!

Maynard- Thanks old friend, I love different elements of each boot but the Buco takes some beating.

Mich- It really is something isn't it?

Ray- Appreciate it, I think we are not far off the same size foot should you need some sizes i would be happy to help you out.

Ed- I dealt with the 2 guys at brass, friendly and easy to work with.

Sardine- I don't think so, I assume they will cut the pattern from a side of Latigo the most sympathetic way rather than the most cost efficient allowing the patina to run in the same direction.

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.

SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:21am
those are some beautiful boots double O; looking forward to the evo pictures
Andy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:51am
Great looking boots! It's so refreshing to see block heels on a pair of engineer boots.
Sardine View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Ed, Ishy play nicely please, There is just no need for it!

Maynard- Thanks old friend, I love different elements of each boot but the Buco takes some beating.

Mich- It really is something isn't it?

Ray- Appreciate it, I think we are not far off the same size foot should you need some sizes i would be happy to help you out.

Ed- I dealt with the 2 guys at brass, friendly and easy to work with.

Sardine- I don't think so, I assume they will cut the pattern from a side of Latigo the most sympathetic way rather than the most cost efficient allowing the patina to run in the same direction.

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen.

I meant that if all of the latigo is overdyed, the toes seem to have been dyed more evenly, or maybe twice? I was wondering if this is to account for the greater wear the toes areas will get, maybe this equates to more even patina as they age and are worn.  Beautiful lifetime boots regardless.

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 8:37am
Thanks Sardine, I think the leather is over dyed as a side before the pattern is cut out, rather than the toe box cut out and dyed independently. (if that's what you mean)  If the pieces were cut out first and then dyed the edges would be black too. If you see the 3rd photo up from the bottom you can see the unevenness (for want of a better word) of the colour on the piece of leather forming the toe box where it is stitched to the heel counter. I personally think that the leather is more absorbent in some places than others causing the streaky effect the more absorbent areas will take a more uniform dye and the toe box will be cut out of the most evenly dyed section so when you look down both of your feet look identical. Of course the toe box could be cut from a different piece of leather but it does not appear that way when you look at them in the flesh.

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 27 Jun 2014 at 9:26am
jsant002 View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsant002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:02am
awesome boots!!! now time for some pics on your feet!
*lefty* View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *lefty* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:16am
There doesn't seem to be a top-end for engineer boots - for price or quality. "The best" just keeps getting better. 

beautiful boots
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 12:06pm
Indeed lefty, 100 years ago it was the dress shoe now its the work boot, how peoples aspirations have changed.
Thanks btw.

Smoothsailor- I will update with evolution but in order to keep the thread from becoming one dimensional can you post your BRASS resole please? before and after pics would be better still... If its no bother.
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:31pm
Great to finally see a pair of these up close, they're better than I expected.  Congrats 00.
I make things out of leather.
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 1:38pm
00 those are stunners. I love the overdyed leathers, but good lord that is a thick hide. What's it like trying to break those in???
Thanks for sharing, please post more pictures!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic