Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engineer Boots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 112>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Aries Aries wrote:

Sizing advice guys:

If the Lofgren last is too wide for my feet, but I'm a comfy size 12 in Brass Tokyo's CN last, would RMC's Buco boots be a good fit?

Last time I measured, my largest foot (lefty) was 11iss B-width, if that helps.

I would go with your regular/measured size in the Buco but will the D width be a good fit on measured B? well that's anybodies guess.
They are very stiff and a bit tricky to crank up with the straps.
No help i know...
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 1:45am
No that's pretty helpful 00!

Yes the B width is always the conundrum.

Stupid of me not to mention - I have a pair of RMC boondockers in size 10 that are tight but comfy, if that helps.
gonboogaloo View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonboogaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
My name has finally come up on the role club list and I was wondering what the difference is between the lasts? Anyone?
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by gonboogaloo gonboogaloo wrote:

My name has finally come up on the role club list and I was wondering what the difference is between the lasts? Anyone?

His regular last is the one you see the most often and is quite slim and low profile. The rc40 is definitely larger, but what I do like is that it is not a bump to like other engineers. Think of it as sort of a blend of Lofgren and the normal Role Club lasts. The RC40 does also deflate over time, but never gets to the point of the regular rc last.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonboogaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:45pm
Thank you! That is incredibly helpful 😀
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:20am
Just got my RMC boots. Holy hell they're comfy. Walking around 4km, worn for 6 hours, not even a hint of discomfort.

Marty at Godspeed insisted on taking photos so I'll put up when I have 'em, but a few quick ones guest starring my little man who insisted on sitting close to Dad.
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:13am
^^
Funny, that's the same expression my face takes on whenever I'm near a nice pair of boots.  My version is slightly less cute and has a bit more evo involved.

Good to hear that these are working out better than the cognac pair you had to put up for sale (were they Clinch?). 

Sure wished these came in my size but I'm happy to admire them on someone else, especially if there's a Mister Googley-Eyes in close proximity...

Gonboogaloo:  Lucky, lucky you.  When they arrive, photographic evidence that features an articulated plastic male combatant for purposes of scale and mirth would be a very good thing.
HP Sauce
Aries View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:08am
Haha thanks HP.

Yep much better fit than my Lofgren in cognac (still for sale at over 50% off after just 10 wears!).

Have 2 pairs of Brass Clinch, one in 11 and one in 12, both fit well depending on sock and insole use.

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a good leather insole?
john doe View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:48am
Originally posted by gonboogaloo gonboogaloo wrote:

Check out this video, it answers your question:

De gustibus non est disputandum
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonboogaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:56am
Thanks JD - super helpful 😀

HP - I'll see what I can do 😜
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 112>
  Share Topic