denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I never

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 4:54am
The forum is for sharing knowledge.

Sharing is the operative word here.

Sometimes you experience the situation where an individual wants information and so the (or any) forum can be a good source for that - however wanting is not sharing. I appreciate there are those who have (or feel they have) little to share but at least try, but I rarely appreciate those who clearly can’t be bothered to make even a small amount of effort to do some research.

For example, how much better would it be if the guy who was out thrifting, found a vintage denim jacket of interest and had that confirmed here on denimbro, then went on and posted some fit pics or some further back story to how he discovered it and what his future plans for it were ... just a small something, that acknowledges and contributes in return for answer to his ‘want’
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:11am
Indeed giving things away which are of no cost to yourself.
Time = money, Pfft! the good feeling which comes from helping someone in the 'community' should be all the payment you need.

Basic forum rules should denote that all those shady c**ts who will say 'anything' in exchange for 'something' be forced to have 'I Have No Integrity' under their avatar, then we can take their opinions with the pinch they deserve.
I'll endorse anything for cash
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:24am
Do posters grift brands for freebies for positive coverage here? That seems a poor investment for anyone who would fall for it tbh. 
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:43am
I think some grifters have a presence here and on their blog, sufu, insta, fedora lounge, even their own youtube channel, its inescapable LOL..

..those 28 search bots are pretty gullible.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:45am
I’d be surprised if there was any real grifting but selflessness is a rare quality ... and niche clothing is expensive
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
b_F View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote b_F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 5:58am
I write all my reviews for fun and to show others what’s out there. I know the audience here on Denimbro has some major brands and others fall a little behind but I still try to show at least some fit pics or so. But yeah, I get a bit lazy and write less these days.Oh and of course I have never been paid for my nonsense or received jeans for free.

I think the longer you stay, the better you know which person/opinion you can trust.

And I agree with Duke, people just signing up to have their vintage find dated and valued so they can sell them for a good price are kinda annoying. Of course you get to see some nice vintage pieces but that’s it. Although, to be fair I’m not personally affected by this but rather people like Dr Heech for example who shares his knowledge.

Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:19am
I wear FW almost exclusively now (because, if you’re reading this Mr Yasui, the clothing is fabulous with amazing attention to detail and use of beautiful fabrics ) and have spent a small, erm actually a significant fortune bringing that together and acquiring knowledge by talking to the company, the retailers and through wearing and examining the clothes and discussing with others as well as reading opinions, ideas, thoughts and experiences in various corners of the interweb AND YET I have never once received a single solitary gift of any type from those fuckers at DR ...

Clearly I’ve been wasting my time
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:24am
Have you considered switching your allegiance to Tanuki, i'm sure they'll give you some free shit if you say they're good.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:51am
They’re even more expensive than FW
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by b_F b_F wrote:

And I agree with Duke, people just signing up to have their vintage find dated and valued so they can sell them for a good price are kinda annoying. Of course you get to see some nice vintage pieces but that’s it. Although, to be fair I’m not personally affected by this but rather people like Dr Heech for example who shares his knowledge.

Lets not forget those at the other end of the spectrum who thrift 70% cotton 30% elastane made in Portugal circa 2010 highstreet Levi's and want all of our 'knowledge' in regards to their amazing find.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic