FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's talk t-shirts...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
P.J. View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 2:19pm
^The Real McCoy Champion shirts? How would you describe the fit? I remember looking into them around a year ago and being turned off by something...
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 2:16pm
I love the handful of vintage champion blue-bar's I've found.  They're a lucky find at the thrifts, but I think Inventory has a repro either by Champion or possibly a Japanese repro brand.  If I had deep pockets I'd buy 6 in every available color twice a year.

ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:20am
with regards to t shirts i think the consensus is pretty much everywhere. for me, the cut>fabric>price>construction. coming from a tropical country, t shirts are pretty much the staple for me. triple A does it for me since it cuts nicely on the asian frame, is thick enough to absorb sweat without it becoming translucent, and the pricepoint is great as well. probably around 12USD a piece. have tried a couple of other brands as well including hanes and american apparel but they just dont do it right for me. used to like the old gildan stuff but quality seems to have gone downhill over the years.

for striped tees im willing to pay a bit more. picked up a few pieces of the saint james stuff recently on sale for around 40USD a pop and they are pretty damn good. really great for all year round humid weather and comfy as hell.
faithless, the wonderboy
P.J. View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:08am
Sizing for Velva Sheen is all over the place. 

An expensive but worth while option is Sunspel. Not necessarily a denimbro brand but exceptional summer basic. 
rnrswitch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnrswitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:03am
I like the goodwear shirts. Neck is a bit tight. Hanes is easily my second choice. Never tried velvasheen cuz they were too expensive. I have one lvc but don't like it. The body is too long and sleeves are too short, plus the side seams suck. I don't like American apparel too much. For now it is just goodwear and Hanes, even though Hanes are made outside the states.
Too bad your momma's a bitch, cuz I totally coulda been your daddy.
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 8:59am
nothing goes better with a pair of jeans (in my opinion) than a well-cut, well-constructed t-shirt

my preference...with money not being an object, were the LVC t's before they started "messing" with them

the cut and construction were my favorite, but I've noticed recently that they've gone to side seams (which blows my mind)...they've always been too expensive as well

Velva-Sheen was a good option, but availability is spotty and they're only a deal when on sale

I've tried goodwear, but the one issue I have is the neck...they don't tape the seam and the collar is too tight for my liking...it's almost like a mock turtleneck

what say you fellas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 333435
  Share Topic