denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's talk t-shirts...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmericanArcheologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:35pm
I've always been a big fan of real deal vintage; i live in the midwest and thrift avidly (college student so don't really have the funds to pay for repro Velva Sheen's or Champion's) and have found that mid eighties Screen Stars in an XL fit my frame the best. I've owned real deal Velva Sheen's and on me the sleeves were cut way too baggy! I also really dig department store branded blank pocket tee's in large and extra large as they tend to be pretty great fitting and nicely broken in, but maybe i'm just lucky in my finds.

And for comparison, I picked up one of the LVC striped tee's from the fall line for dirt cheap on the 'bay and I gotta say even at 40 bucks I feel pretty gipped! The thing is cut like a box and the sleeves look to have been made for someone with biceps like Andre the Giant. And it's extremely short.

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/vintage-t-shirt

^I also caught this when it made the rounds a few weeks ago and figured here would be as good a place as any to leave it. It's an easy little recipe for making your standard cotton tee's feel and fit like vintage ones.

-Archer
"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron."
colgems1966 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:49pm
i had the same fit experience with the LVC tee i owned short, boxy too open neckline and it was very thin. i didn't see any value and set about recouping my losses. vintage would be ideal but hard for me to find as i would need an xxl and in real vintage even that can be small. i've seen xl vintage tees that are equivalent to todays mediums. 
AmericanArcheologist View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmericanArcheologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 10:57pm
Yeah the XL's I pick up fit like a slim-ish modern large. With XXL you prolly are going to have to stick with modern stuff. I can concur with the other fella's that American Apparel makes some really nice and really comfortable tee's, though they do cost like 20 bucks a pop. Lots of colors and styles too. I definitely recommend hitting up one of their retail stores and trying a few on.
"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron."
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 2:17pm
if we're talking undershirts...NOBODY beats this deal
P.J. View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 6:03pm
If SuperDry made blank Ts, they'd be awesome.
Grant View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:29am
I like the American Apparel model 2001 t-shirt which is still tube constructed. They have a trim fit, last forever and made in the US!
Cinch View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:25am
I've got a couple of Heavy Pocket T's from Hanes. They are pretty thick and have a pocket, so you have to like that late 60's/early 70's style and feel. I wash them repeatedly to soften them up. I own several in white and navy.  The body is long and the cut is straight but not too boxy. 

It is a nice in-between fit if you don't want a muscle shirt or, size down.
Texas View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:43pm
I'm looking for quality crew & V neck T-shirts in heather-gray and oatmeal. Any recommendations appreciated.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:03pm
I'm a big fan of Entry SG, but I don't think they are easy to find outside Japan.

http://www.entrysg.jp/index3.htm
Shorty Long View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shorty Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 5:15am
Goodwear has a good deal going right now...2-pack long- or short-sleeve pocket t's in RED for $30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
  Share Topic