Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's talk t-shirts...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 35>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 1:07am
I have used Vanish Gold Oxy Action in the past on white dress shirts and it seems to work well and there are plenty of similar alternatives on the market. These days I don't need it as I have switched to a simple aluminium-free roll-on deodorant rather than the previous antiperspirant deodorant sprays I was using. The problem has been solved at source - no more stained pits.
Helixing my inner beanie
massivebonanza View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 2:12am
Absolutely agree with that regarding aluminium free. 

I recently bought the Rituals Samurai 'organic bamboo & cedar wood' roll on and Agua de Colonia concentrate roll-on which I was disappointed to discover both contained aluminium - by way of aluminium zirconium tetrachlorohydrex glycine and aluminum chlorohydrate respectively. The Agua is alcohol free though.

I aso got the Dr Hauschka Sage Mint deodorant which although does contain alcohol is actually aluminium free. Bit sticky though.

I would like to try both the Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant and Baxter of California Citrus and Herbal-Musk - but good grief they are spendy for a bit of roll on. Near 20 bob! 

Probably the best I've used is just the Bionsen roll on. It's pretty good. 
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 2:23am
Bionsen is good, although I use Organic Homme 8 or 9.
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 2:55am
Haven't heard of Organic Homme, thanks for the recommendation (which I presume it is!). I'll go look now.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 2:57am
no. 8 Thyme, Clove and Lemon
no. 9 Peppermint & Eucalyptus

Very nice, I'll have some of that. Cheers!

Half the price of Malin+Goetz and Baxter of California stuff too. 

Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:04am
Biotherm Homme (Green ones are Non-Aluminium) works a charm too
Too much Denim - too little time...
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:49am
Thanks Denimetic, I'll have a look. Are you buying it within Finland or importing it from the States?

Generally in the UK anything from the US is charged in £ what it sells for in $ hence the pretty sky high retail price here of the Baxters and Malin+Goetz.
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 7:23am
^Buying it locally - 19 euros a stick.
Too much Denim - too little time...
oomslokop View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oomslokop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:58pm
tezo nibi-iro after more than a year

rakuten is entertainment
CBI View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:17am
Recent new owner of 4 Goodwear heavyweight cotton short sleeve t-shirts.   Love them, collars are thick and high which I was not sure I would like but now a big fan, it helps the overall more formal look of the shirt - less slouching.  LOVE the heavier cotton, works well/better as a stand alone shirt offering a more structured look.  Also, price, more $ for quality without being ridiculous and made in the good old USA.

My 2 cents.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 35>
  Share Topic