denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LVC analysis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Really great thread Mike.

So, let me get this straight : The 2010 duck pant (without the yoke) is more accurate of the 1873 original - the massive pair you mentioned pictured in 'The Jeans' Vol 1 (Jap denim bible c.'96), and the 2000 duck pant is based on the childs pair from the archives?

Spot on Dr H...thanks for the heads up on that bull shit picture of the yolk less duck pant.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 12:33pm
Also, looking at the pics posted by silencejoe of the 2010 reissue, I noticed there's no leather washers on the rivet-backs.  They are present on the 2000 reissue -

Probably harder to define an exact time when those details were used?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 1:15pm
Leather washers seem to be all over the place, Ive never seen them on the real early stuff- say 1873-76 something like that....I've seen them once in a while on late 70's and maybe 80's....they seem to be used on early 1890's duck jackets and pants....I have no idea why....on the late 1870's pieces, I've seen them on duck and denim and almost always just on the back pockets....Nonriveted found a advertisement for leather backed riveted clothing, I think the ad was from 1877....it wasn't a Levi ad but no doubt it was probably referring to Levi clothing?
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 4:21pm
So these should have leather washers? I get confused with what was and what LVC has reproduced.

I have a Valencia Street pair of the 1873 ducks, and they truly fit like overalls on my skinny butt. Anyone interested in a pair?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by illumin8em illumin8em wrote:

So these should have leather washers? I get confused with what was and what LVC has reproduced.

I have a Valencia Street pair of the 1873 ducks, and they truly fit like overalls on my skinny butt. Anyone interested in a pair?

It is confusing, it might help if the archives show some detail photos now and then, back in 2010 I looked at Lvc for the first time on Sufu.....Man that was confusing, I was thinking years from now, those 1873's your selling might be like a error baseball card.... And be worth boat loads of $$$$....years from now people will be saying- remember when LVC was making pants from 1891 and calling them 1873's- or maybe not
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:50pm
These repro 1873 duck garments were manufactured in 2000/2001 at the Valencia street factory in San Fransisco -

The duck coat -

(now sold)

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:55pm
I've never seen a picture of an original of either the 1873 jacket or vest, has anyone else here?
  I think I asked Sansome about these models and he said IIRC that he's never found recognizable pieces of any garments similar to these.
 He's in the desert now, but maybe his campsite will have cell reception. If not I'm sure he'll elucidate when he gets back home.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:59pm
The duck vest.  Beautifull piece.

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:14pm
I'm not sure about the vest or the hunting jacket, if I remember correctly- the hunting jacket and maybe the vest are illustrated in the 1879 catalog..... It would seem that the inspiration came from the catalog and not real items, I have heard that someone has a original hunting jacket....But I've never seen it. I think you have the 1879 triple pleat blouse that was based off the 1879 catalog- I don't think this ever existed like the drawing showes... I found a mid to late 1880's triple pleat blouse in destroyed condition...this blouse had the same pockets that were on my older 1870's blouse.... The only difference I saw on the 1880's blouse was the cinch straps were higher up and riveted. I'll take a picture of the1879 catalog and send it to Mr Randal to post.
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 7:08pm
Didn't know they ever did a vest.  Be nice to see that one come back around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
  Share Topic