Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching? (TV)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by illumin8em illumin8em wrote:

Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

In other news, the boy and i watched Stand by Me the other day, that still holds water, i haven't seen it since i was his age.

a couple of us live not far from where a lot of that movie was filmed. we should do a little tour sometime eh?

I would pay folding money to see a Denimbro reenactmant in the 'where did my jeans go' thread.

I love David Attenborough but that climate program was rather mild and catered to a primetime BBC audience, it needed to be much more revolutionary!!
The George Mombiot perspective would have been more enjoyable.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

The Sandlot.

Just watched this^ best embedded footwear maketing since Do the Right Thing

Enjoyed it.. the PF Flyers moment was brilliant!
I'll endorse anything for cash
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 9:02am
Just watched HBOs ‘Band of Brothers’’ which tells the story of Easy Company, 506th Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, U.S. Army. Based on interviews with survivors of Easy Company, as well as soldiers' journals and letters, this 10-part series chronicles the experiences of these young men who knew extraordinary bravery and extraordinary fear. Based on the book written by Stephen Ambrose.
John B
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 1:27am
Did anyone watch Free Solo last night on CH4? holy shit it was making me feel queasy just watching it from the comfort of my sofa.

It was beautifully shot
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:11am
I've seen it before, its great.
Although it is a terrifying watch. 

The guy who made it, Jimmy Chin, has another great doc on netflix called Meru which is well worth a watch and there is also another called Valley Uprising, again on netflix, about the Yosemite climbing scene. 

killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:26am
I just watched the resignation of the prime minister of Great Britain. Great ending. 
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:35am
Just finished Season 2 of Fleabag. I liked Season 1 but didn't love it, but this season brought a depth and comedic brilliance that I wasn't expecting. Two enthusiastic thumbs up. 
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:03am
I liked Fleabag too, although in the UK it received some criticism for not being diverse enough - too white, middle class, etc....

I watched the last Game of Thrones this week, quite glad it’s over now and recently watched the final couple of episodes of Sharp Objects - what a great twist at the end.
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:26am
Have'nt seen Fleabag or GoT but it feels like i have..

^^^

I was going to post the new Cassetteboy 'Borris Leadership Bid' but i don't think its made the tube just yet.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:02am
Did anyone see That Summer the documentary last night on BBC4, it was brilliant!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>
  Share Topic