denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching? (TV)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 1:41am
I've just finished watching I May Destroy You, which was amazing - a really thought provoking - and often hilarious - exploration of sexual assault and consent, and being a young adult and all that. Really really good. 
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:38pm
Has anyone watched Bridget and Eamon? I suspect some heavy drug use, inspired some of this show.
I was caught off guard, and got the best laugh in years- I won’t give it away, somewhere in season 4....F-ing
Screwball show.
entertainment! View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote entertainment! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 4:58pm
Gomorrah
Dark but not manipulative.
Haven't been on the forum for a long time, but good to be back.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entertainment! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:19pm
See next post.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entertainment! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

I just finished Midnight Sun on Netflix- a French/Swedish co-production and a classic Nordic Noir with all required elements present- pretty female detective with emotional problems joins with older male detective with family problems and bratty teenagers to solve an intricately plotted crime, along the way turning out every dirty secret in town and exposing malfeasance at a large privately funded project worth billions.
It’s great, although extra grim, well worth a look.

Once I had my fill of Nordic Noir (complete overdose, though I love The Bridge and The Killing so much), I really enjoyed Fallet (The Case) on Netflix which parodies all the cliches of the genre. 

It even throws in a bumbling British detective.  But it does have "the pretty female detective" with family issues and the "older male detective."

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by entertainment! entertainment! wrote:

Gomorrah

It’s been forever, hope all is going well, great to see you back...things have slowed a bit.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entertainment! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Originally posted by entertainment! entertainment! wrote:

Gomorrah

It’s been forever, hope all is going well, great to see you back...things have slowed a bit.

Glad to see that lots of the people from the old Superfuture days are still around.  I still prize the envelope of fabric samples that you sent so long ago!  I have a Muji workshirt with a gingham pattern that is starting to look like one of those samples.

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 4:20pm
Funny, you probably have fabric samples I no longer have...I gave a bunch of samples over the years- maybe you can post that check garment next to the fabric sample some time.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 6:15pm
I can hardly believe it, I’m enjoying cobra Kai, almost finished with the first season. I tried to watch it with the wife and younger daughter...after 10 minutes they pulled the ripcord. I knew jocks growing up, that were dicks on this sort of level, maybe that’s what draws me in?

Edit- It’s so fucking stupid, it’s good...if that makes sense?

Edit- Halfway through the second season, if your looking to get your stupid on...look no further

Edited by Sansome - 10 Feb 2021 at 2:02pm
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 7:38pm
Just started Babylon Berlin, and I am already taken by it. The story, the clothes, the acting, it’s all just stunning. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic