Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching? (TV)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

I watched Don Letts 'Story of Skinhead' on BBC4 last night, its nothing we don't know or haven't seen before but still, some interesting characters.

The quality is a bit shit here^ UK-bro's can get it in glorious technicolour via the iplayer.

Thanks for posting this, 00.  Watched it top to bottom and loved it. 

Hearing the reference to the Harrington jacket Ryan O'Neal's character wore on Peyton Place brings back memories of my mother's steam iron working non-stop with the black and white telly permanently tuned into the latest episode.

As someone who uses blade numbers to describe the haircut she wants, I appreciated the point this doc is trying to get across. 

Loved the musicology also...  The irony is that, in 1979, I can remember my fresh-off-the-boat Manchester-born boyfriend tearing out my brand new Specials cassette out of the deck, saying "what kind of shite is this?", tossing it into the back seat and replacing it with Van Halen.  Reasons why a girl shaves her head or, at least, shakes it ruefully.
HP Sauce
Mainwaring View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mainwaring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:14am
Van Halen is the Specials with brown sauce on top.
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Mainwaring Mainwaring wrote:

Van Halen is the Specials with brown sauce on top.

LOL  Darn straight, Mister.  The brown sauce is always on top... 

HP Sauce
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:17am
Surprisingly, Amazon Prime is creating some really compelling television right now. I've particularly enjoyed The Man In the High Castle (based on Phillip K. Dick's alternate history of postwar America) and Patriot, which is a both incredibly funny and sad story about a U.S. intelligence officer who copes with his depression by writing and performing folk songs while trying to stop Iran from developing the bomb.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:37am
I have one more episode of Gomorrah season 3 to watch, I’m really enjoying this. I’ve been trying to watch Jordskott season 2 but am struggling, I think the episodes are too long. Glad to see the Walking Dead back too.
Helixing my inner beanie
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:06pm
I'm always a little behind the times, but have just caught up with the current series of 'This Country' on BBC iPlayer.

So sad, so true. It made me feel uncomfortable and yet at home, all at the same time. A bit like The Office.
Plus it was location-spotting heaven for me being a 'local'.

Such a refreshing change to the usual Costwold stereotypes.

A Dr_H sorry.. l mean Doc_Heech recommendation.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:16pm
I thought you were more of a Countryfile man Chaz or perhaps Go with Noakes.
Helixing my inner beanie
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

I thought you were more of a Countryfile man Chaz or perhaps Go with Noakes.

I do like to think out of the box occasionally.

But l never miss the Countryfile weather forecast   
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:34pm
Ive been reminiscing while watching all the classic Levi's ad's today, circa 1970's-90's.
I think we had a few adverts that ran here that didn't actually air over in the states (i could be wrong) the 'Jeremy Sisto/Prince Buster/Earthquake' for instance?

What the heck happened to the evocative Levi's advertising campaigns like this? When the men were equally as attractive as the ladies and it was perfectly acceptable to help them into your rig via a firm shove on the bottom.

Would still sell jeans today in my opinion.... The swimmer, The laundrette, Levi's were killing it! It was an hour well spent.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:41pm
Flat Eric too, don’t forget Flat Eric.
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic