Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post something here, anything at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 282>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:50am
Originally posted by smoothsailor smoothsailor wrote:

Good story Neal and well acted. Sure your heartbeat went up a few notches

Edited by Double 0 Soul - 28 Oct 2019 at 2:27am
I'll endorse anything for cash
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:21am
Definitely feel like you did the "right thing". 
If I had a kid and someone had cussed at him for accidentally bothering some damned ducks, and instead of realizing what an asshat he was being he doubled down I would've done the same thing.
Probably never learned that kind of lesson as a kid himself. LOL

On a different note, is anyone here from the Seattle area? 
I might have a potential job offer up there, and all I can seem to find online is how expensive it is. Ermm
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:15pm
Ive been listening to Alexei Sayle's Imaginary Sandwich Bar recently, first aired on Radio4.
For those who don't have iplayer, ive been straming them through youtube, It's very good Thumbs Up
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:09am
Funny (or perhaps not) I never cared for his comedy but after seeing that documentary he did about Liverpool I've become a devotee.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 2:08am
I admire your sense of justice Neal - even if that means potentially tricky situations 

One of my strongest character traits is a desire to fair-mindedness (and I appreciate my ‘right’ can be some else’s ‘wrong’) so here’s a situation that torments me:

Before I met the Duchess she had a son. A few years back he met a girl and two years ago they had a baby girl who was born about 16-17 weeks premature weighing a little over 1lb.

Despite being so small the baby was, relatively, healthy but had to be kept hospital until she was big enough and strong enough to get home.

It was a difficult time for the parents, I know because Ellie was 8 weeks premature and we went through a similar process - at the same time and in the same hospital. It’s confusing that Auntie Ellie is younger than her niece.

Possibly because of that difficult time, the mother didn’t bond well with her daughter, however the baby grew stronger and eventually the parents got her home where they could be together properly as a family.

Sadly within a few months of being home the baby was rushed to hospital. It was found she had a fractured skull. Her ribs and an ankle had been broken.

There was an investigation and the mother was arrested on a number of charges including attempted murder.

Because of the injuries the baby is blind and has cerebral palsy. She will be wheelchair bound for the rest of her life and is currently fed from a peg in her stomach. She can not communicate normally - she is either silent or screams. She has never smiled.

The mother was eventually brought to court after a number of date changes. However the charge of attempted murder was reduced to ‘cruelty to a child - assault and ill treatment, abandonment, neglect, and failure to protect’ on the basis of pleading guilty.

The sentence was 300 hours of unpaid work as part of a three-year community payback order.

I don’t believe this is justice, but perhaps I am confusing that concept with vengeance ...

I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 8:25am
That's awful, Duke. The sentence does seem light under the circumstances.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
Thanks CSL - I suppose given that Double 0 can push a lad in a dam for being a dick then aye, the sentence is a bit more lenient than would have been anticipated Unhappy

(forgive my humour - it’s a deeper shade of black than usual)
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:01am
No! that's far from justice, in fact the only justice to be served here will be from the her conscience, lets hope selfishness doesn't get in the way of that.

What's the outcome regarding their homelife? surely their relationship has broken down entirely, she's not going to be allowed unaccompanied contact..or is she?
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:30am
One of the most hurtful things about this is that (I/we believe) the mother doesn’t want her baby and that the outcome is actually as close to ideal as her gerrymandering has allowed.

That said, her sentence restricts her from (any) baby for three years and in the interim we are taking advice to ensure she is never allowed contact beyond that.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:50am
What a tragedy! she could have just walked away. Did she undergo any psychiatric assessment as part of court proceedings?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 282>
  Share Topic