denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post something here, anything at all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 282>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

Found this hummingbird nest in our Cherimoya tree today,we have been host to many generations of
Hummingbirds- has anyone had any strange encounters with these guys.
My aunt had one land on her finger in the 80's- I saw one time, a humming bird flying circles
around a bumble bee.

003 by bottleswest, on Flickr
001 by bottleswest, on Flickr

One flew into the cottage while my mom was staying, it tired itself out and landed in a small wooden boat. She did a little photoshoot before moving it outside

Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 8:04am
These guys run out of fuel/nectar quick, I would imagine that he didn’t stay in this position for very long?
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 8:06am
Originally posted by BlueTrain BlueTrain wrote:

Anyone been to the Autry Museum in L.A.?

I went once- years ago, I remember them having some nice bandannas on display.
LazyS View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Sansome Sansome wrote:

These guys run out of fuel/nectar quick, I would imagine that he didn’t stay in this position for very long?

I wasn't there but it was long enough to take the photos and carry him outside
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 7:13pm
Anyone preparing to shelter in place- three weeks ago I stocked up on human-rabbit-chicken and cat food, I failed to
Get enough toilet paper before the rush, I’m paying the price for that, mostly empty shelves on the toilet paper department.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 1:07am
ah yes, tp hoarding is a thing here too- every Safeway and Whole Foods I’ve visited this week has been nothing but tumbleweeds in the paper goods aisle. Even the Marina Safeway where previously decorous wealthy white ladies have been snatching multiple 24 packs of cotonelle from the shelves .
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 6:54am
Should we run out of toilet paper, i have enough pairs of jeans that can be cut up into squares in an emergency. Just give 'em a good wash and hey-presto, re-usable loo cloth. 

I can think of no more thorough way of testing & comparing the fading rates of different denims. 
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Mr Black Mr Black wrote:

Should we run out of toilet paper, i have enough pairs of jeans that can be cut up into squares in an emergency. Just give 'em a good wash and hey-presto, re-usable loo cloth. 

I can think of no more thorough way of testing & comparing the fading rates of different denims. 

A few years back, when we dug the two miners trash dump and toilet
Their toilet paper of choice was SF examiner and a German newspaper- I did come across
A half dozen or so, squares of cotton flannel- doodie intact
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 10:19am
Nice 😱.

Were you tempted to extract their dna and ‘regrow’ them? Like a shit version of Jurassic Park?
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 10:25am
And risk a herd of bearded miners run rampant around the bay?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 282>
  Share Topic