denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denim/workwear research
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrifter's thread: Levi's 501 (1960's-1990's)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:28pm
No I didn’t, but the back of that tag doesn’t look like any tag I’ve seen before, I suppose that doesn’t mean they didn’t have a tag like that....but out of 400 plus pairs, I haven’t seen it. I’m a little suspicious o that 30x36 deadstock pair.

Edit- I looked at some of my wash tags from this era, yea it looks normal
The number 3 2 after the button number, this Should be March 92
I’ll have to look at more, I thought the month should be 03 for March then one number for the year
Then in 1993? The year gets two numbers- like 93 for 1993.

I’ll look into it.

Edited by Sansome - 11 Apr 2021 at 4:20pm
silencejoe View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:26pm
Thanks KillerB
i need to lose some weight to wear it
spacciatoreDiDroga View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacciatoreDiDroga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 6:14am

This came up for sale in local marketplace, seems to be unwashed which is why I'm interested, but this patch doesn't convince me. Is it obvious fake or has there been a made in usa patch with this font? Thanks...

EDIT: they were very likely fakes since there is no factory stamp behind button. I'll leave this here for a reference if anyone wonders the same.

Edited by spacciatoreDiDroga - 29 Apr 2021 at 7:48am
mr.Vox View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr.Vox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:38am
First check if the button number on the tag inside the garment matches.
Updated
Looked to the photo carefully
It looks like a knock off because the original patches like this one were perforated on one side so they could be easily been detached

Edited by mr.Vox - 29 Apr 2021 at 7:49am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:48am
Looks legit to me, it also has the right brownish color to the label.
spacciatoreDiDroga View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacciatoreDiDroga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:52am
Thanks, I asked the seller and they said there's no number behind the button, but claimed to have bought from official store. I refuse to believe that, but I guess it could be an "official" store for tourists somewhere. Now that you point out the lack of the "rip line" it should've been obvious from the start.
mr.Vox View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr.Vox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:54am
Eastern Europe knock offs. Have 2 of them. Tags inside fade after 2 washes. Even experts cannot tell if they are legit or not. When you wear them, then you feel the bad denim. The rip line and no button number is exactly what I have bought years ago. Still like knew thogh but I avoid wearing them.
Someone ripped me off. The store had mixed fake and legit stock.

Edited by mr.Vox - 29 Apr 2021 at 8:25am
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:35am
- ‘PATENTEDINUS’
- ‘CareInstructions’
- All those different things written above the ‘501’ on a single line
- The ‘501’ font

All look dodgy to me
Helixing my inner beanie
mr.Vox View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr.Vox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:32am
Right. Couldn't enlarge the photo before on the cell phone.
Here I have got  a pair of originals Selvedged raw. Made in Mexico. The one on the top left.
The other two are Fakes. Sizing is totaly bullsh@t. No made in USA on them but 100% fake.
All of them used. All of them purchased unwashed. Different era than the one made in Mexico.

Edited by mr.Vox - 29 Apr 2021 at 11:30am
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 11:08am
I see what you guys are talking about, at first glance I thought it was a black pair.

I have that same made in Mexico Vox^^^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
  Share Topic