Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conners Sewing Factory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 161>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conners Sewing Factory
    Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 5:21am
The Conners Sewing Factory have had access to Yawara Miura's 3000 strong Levi's collection and using restored machinery of the era have recreated the rare 1946 model which still featured key elements from WWII restrictions, a transition (if you will) between the 44,s and the yet to come 47,s.

...Its been a long wait.

The S406XXX MIURA-46

Unlike other 'One Piece of Rock' garments the Miura-46 are entirely hand made by one person from start to finish so only 20 pieces can be made each month.

Cow hide patch

Much like WWII Levi's they do have a "not quite perfect' hand made feel about them which i really like.

Single piece sleeve detail

Each hand made piece is signed and dated.

...and comes with a laminated letter of authenticity

On the reverse it shows the vintage sewing machines used by Conners in the making of these garments.

Its the box that just keeps on giving....
S409XXX MIURA-46

13.5oz gray weft cloth woven in Okayama using Mr. Miura's 1946 benchmark denim.
Just look at that blue!

Angled tab

Rusting button backs. The fly is unfinished/open WWII-esque

The hidden rivets are iron

From the thread to the denim to to the stitching a lot of effort has gone into this reproduction.
Both garments are available for pre-order for collection in store so a big Thank You! has to go out to 49s for making this happen.
I could go on but its all summed up beautifully here in this condensed version of the film.
There is also a 2hr film which shows the 46-Miura's being made in real time.

Edited by hollows - 16 Aug 2016 at 10:42am
I'll endorse anything for cash
Flash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 5:27am
soooo cool  mate , ive been lusting over a pair of these for well over a year . hope to see lots more pics once you have washed them
Duke Mantee View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Duke Mantee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 6:24am
I've followed this on Instagram - such a great process.

And ever since you mentioned the '46 a while back I've been anticipating this. My interest is piqued further now because of the background to which the FW Lot 601XX are designed - so I'd love to hear more about these items.

Edited by Duke Mantee - 12 Mar 2016 at 9:28am
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 7:50am
Very nice, I've had my eye on the S409XX Miura-46's for a long time now.
Denim looks great too, looking forward to see how they evolve!
Majormajor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Majormajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 8:44am
A very beautiful thing!
ThisSunday View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThisSunday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:11am
Thanks for sharing. The jacket and jeans look amazing. Beautiful packaging
Happy Hooligan View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Happy Hooligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:49am
those are fantastic.  The video was great too.   Being a machine nut, can you post a bigger pic of the card with the machines he uses?

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 10:00am
Nice tux Double 0, never heard of them before - cheers for sharing!
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 11:06am
Thanks Gents, I had a feeling you would like them.

HH- ^^There is a highlighted link above the sewing machine image showing detailed information.
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 12:28pm
denim looks great; looking forward to the washing and wearing process. Let us see some fit pictures!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 161>
  Share Topic