denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conners Sewing Factory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 161>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aichjayeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 1:24pm
Congrats to Flash for the FOD over at Heddels!
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:59pm
Finally time to post some updates on my CSF 1937 jeans. Dr. Heech has rightfully reminded me that I need to post these. I have worn these for about 15-16 months and was able to wear them at work for around 6 months. One soak and two washes in the tub. Yeah, yeah, I don't wash enough and I don't care. I'm very happy with how these have aged. At only 11oz before the initial soak, they are certainly slow faders, but I think the patience has been worth it and they definitely have a lot more life left in them.

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:01pm
They will need some repairs fairly soon, but I am very impressed at the durability of these. 

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:09pm
Here are the items I purchased while visiting CSF in Japan. I finally purchased the 1946 first half jeans and on features alone, these are my favorite in my collection. My collection now includes 1922, 1937, WWII SF, 1946 first half, and 1947. I am pretty happy with my collection, but may add the 1946 second half eventually or one of the other WWII models. If anyone is interested in some sort of more in depth comparison between all models, please let me know. I also picked up a 1946 jacket in the limited edition black denim and had an embroidery of a P-40 Warhawk put on it by the in house embroiderer. I know many don't like the limited edition denim colors, but I don't mind them so long as he keeps making the excellent repros. I went with this because I already have a blue denim jacket from him and can wear the black easier with my blue jeans (I do not like to wear double blue denim normally) and I sort of treated this as a souvenir jacket- it's sort of weird and unique and I love it. The embroidery work also really impressed me. I can also add some more shots of the actual visit if anyone wants. It was an amazing time.

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:21pm
Many thanks Jake.
No l'm definately not a fan of the black or white denim pieces, but can understand to an extent why Konaka produced them to maybe widen his audience and appeal to non- denim heads. Saying that, the embroidery is certainly something unique and everyone is different, so enjoy.

Those M-37's are coming along nicely and many thanks for (finally! ) getting some shots up. Well worth the wait.
I wouldn't worry about any more comparisons as we have enough variation throughout this thread; just nice to see the 37 denim at last.

Wouldn't worry about lack of washing as they haven't invented smell-e-vision yet. Mine have only had a warm soak and are at about 17 months so must be honking (my GF has sinusitis so luckily cant smell a thing).
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Many thanks Jake.
No l'm definately not a fan of the black or white denim pieces, but can understand to an extent why Konaka produced them to maybe widen his audience and appeal to non- denim heads. Saying that, the embroidery is certainly something unique and everyone is different, so enjoy.

Those M-37's are coming along nicely and many thanks for (finally! ) getting some shots up. Well worth the wait.
I wouldn't worry about any more comparisons as we have enough variation throughout this thread; just nice to see the 37 denim at last.

Wouldn't worry about lack of washing as they haven't invented smell-e-vision yet. Mine have only had a warm soak and are at about 17 months so must be honking (my GF has sinusitis so luckily cant smell a thing).

Sorry it took so long. Part of it was that I never felt as though there was anything worth showing until recently. After taking these pictures, they're more faded than I thought which is nice. Mine genuinely smell fine right now because I washed them after coming back from Japan. We'll see how they hold up!
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:50pm
No problem. It's sometimes difficult to capture the true spirit of a denim garment. What we see is never the same as what we show, if that makes sense.
My 46's are only getting cold soaks from now on as l don't wany any more disappointments with sizing.
Talking of which, l sent my 41's back to swap for a bigger size as l would actually like to machine wash them now and again   
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 10:47pm
Good to see some variations on CSF offerings - good stuff Jake
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 11:36pm
Dr Heech: Yes that does make sense. These have only been cold washed too. I don't want them shrinking too much so both washes were done with cold water. I still have never machine washed a pair of jeans :D 

Duke: Thank you very much! I think it's fun to have this variation, especially as a limited edition. 
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:13am
I just machine wash all my gear - at least the shirts and trousers for sure, as well as a good number of my non-wool/leather jackets ... even the woolen shirts get machine washed.

Otherwise I could’ve saved a few bob on the washing machine and the electricity to run it and bought another ‘big’ item for the collection
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 161>
  Share Topic