Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Worst Thing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Those little plastic bags asking for clothing donations for 'insert obscure charity you never heard of here', which turn up in my letterbox at least twice a week. We are told to please donate as much as possible, tie the bag up and it will be collected on a certain day.
Not only is it environmentally unfriendly (2 bags per week @ 52 weeks per year, per household) but you never see anyone ever come by to check to see if we've left them anything.
Probably 80% of them are a scam selling shit onwards, but for my money l rarely throw anything clothing-wise out, and if l do then it's washed, put in a bin liner and at the end of the year l take it down the Sue Ryder shop as they will recycle all of it in some way shape or form.

Must be a darn sarf thing?

Ive found the bottom of the food chain regarding non pulped textiles, are either 'Industrial' rags which you can buy by the Kg, they're just recycled & washed towels, bath robes, sweatshirts ect roughly cut into 18" sq pieces and vacuumed/compressed into large bundles. You get 10kg for around £8.

Also my neighbours 14yr old daughter who's fiercely anti-consumer/fast fashion ect buys her clothes in large £5 bundles from a charity project behind the cathedral, takes what she wants and re-donates the rest.

I bet the 'donated' plastic bags are ending up in places like these.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:58am
'Genius Bar'

You're not a fucking 'genius' you work in a shop, you're as good at your job as we are at ours.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:26am
Attention seeking climate fuckwit Emma Thompson
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:59am
Let’s add him to the list of villains and undesirables:
1) Jack Knife
2) WH Smith Ranch
3) Michael Masterson

Edited by Maynard Fried-San - 19 Apr 2019 at 11:34am
Helixing my inner beanie
TheEscapist View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheEscapist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 11:15am
Think The Mott may have meant to post this here. 

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:35am
Go fuck yourself HSBC! don't pretend we're mates, mates don't demand £30 from us if we owe them a tenner at the end of the month and we certainly don't 'thrive together'

I'll endorse anything for cash
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:58am

Mankind has had the mental capacity to decide if he or she is thirsty for around 3 million years, heck even rats have this ability yet we now 'need' an £80 water bottle with an app which decides if or when you are ready to take a drink.

"Home listening device, am i thirsty?"
"I don't know ask your f***ing water bottle"

I appreciate that a lot of us are not drinking enough water but spending £80 on this bullshit isn't the answer, simple rule of thumb... if your not 100% sure then have a drink, what's the worst that can happen?

"Home listening device, do i need a wee?"
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:33am
Who is falling for this modern-day snake oil b0ll0x? Seriously, does anyone on here know anyone that would even contemplate this? I certainly don’t - perhaps it’s young people then - will never afford a house so might as well spend my hard-earned dosh on this crap!
Helixing my inner beanie
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 9:17am
Its old age pensioners! the marketing says... "They're great for old people who are unaware they're becoming dehydrated"  Indeed, an unnecessarily confusing method of drinking water is exactly what old people need! Im surprised they've survived this long...

It annoys me when technology (which is a wonderful thing) is used to make something less usable, any environmental benefits which it had are lost by the fact that you need to plug it in..
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

Let’s add him to the list of villains and undesirables:
1) Jack Knife
2) WH Smith Ranch
3) Michael Masterson

Learned something about JK a year or so ago- Roy’s friend- a real deal suit Taylor started teaching the JK boys how to sew..........2 weeks after their first sewing lesson- they launched their brand Jack Knife.......thought some folks here would find it amusing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic