Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leather Jackets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leather Jackets
    Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 3:53pm
As recommended by some folks in the LVC thread, lets try out a thread for leather jackets.

Just this evening I discovered the ANJ-4, a flight jacket model that I was previously unaware of.  Lookout, pocketbook:

Let's see some more.

(edit below from mr randal)

A few links to manufacturers/designers of repro and vintage inspired leather jackets:

Edited by mr randal - 06 Jan 2013 at 11:59pm
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 4:53pm
smartest design of the heavy weight shearling jackets IMO.  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 6:07pm
I think I just need to figure out which repro has the smallest collar.  Some of them are over the top, but I really like the detailing.  Hidden knit cuffs and extra panels on the outside of the sleeve are both really cool.
I make things out of leather.
Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 10:12pm
Hollows, the ANJ-4 is great. You might also check out the M444. This one was posted at the Iron Heart forum. Small collar, hidden knit cuffs and diamond patches on the sleeves.

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=914.msg225502#msg225502

Pics are followed by some discussion on it vs. the M445 and other cold weather flight jackets......
indigoeagle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 1:45pm

Not only LVC has a (Menlo) Cossack

but also Himel Brothers

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 2:00pm

Similar to the Cossack is the Heron (from my layman's eye).

Here sported nicely by Drew Nigel Cabourn. Zissou at SF pointed at that some weeks ago.

If I'm not mistaken they're both similar to the A-1.

And this A-1 by Leather Togs Mfg. by Freewheelers fits in this grouping, too, I think.

I also saw a nice one from Japanese Walk On, but it seems to be pre-distressed/washed.

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indigoeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 2:14pm

Actually I checked a bit more and it seems that the Cossack hadn't been that pre-distressed.

The guys from the shop experimented and washed one.

You can see it here. I somehow cannot link to the pics.

http://ameblo.jp/walkon4143/entry-11290339397.html

In the top pic is the washed one. I had first only seen that and thought the jacket would look like that.

But below one can see the comparisons of the washed and not-washed ones.

Ishmael View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 2:42pm
For civilian A-1s, the Himel Heron, IMHO, takes the cake. Haven't seen anything comparable. (although there was a a rumor that Aero would be doing something similar......). The LVC and Walk On are all thinner hides and lack some of the superb details of the Heron (like the scalloped waist etc.).

Although not an A-1, the new Freewheelers "Dust Bowl" has some of the styling of an A-1. Buttons, knit collar. I prefer a "civilian" jacket like this over the original military version.

http://www.freewheelers.co.jp/collection/10_12-13_fw/index.html

Not sure what the term "cossack" actually signifies. Seems to be used for a wide range of jackets.....

Edited by Ishmael - 27 Dec 2012 at 3:46pm
deluxestyling View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deluxestyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 2:48pm
I've always thought Eastman make a great ANJ-4 and would be where I'd go.

http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=177

The only one I've seen first hand belongs to a friend of mine made by Lostworlds that is excellent. Really made me want one!
silencejoe View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote silencejoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 1:21am
A1 from LVC and HB

Edited by silencejoe - 01 Jan 2013 at 3:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 61>
  Share Topic