Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leather Jackets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 61>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 12:48pm
Totally blown away by these jackets.  I live in Minneapolis and had no idea this company existed.
I make things out of leather.
deluxestyling View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deluxestyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:04pm
The main colour is mid russet and the darker panels are the same goatskin redyed to a seal brown tone. 

I had first wanted black but after some test pictures I settled for the seal brown. 

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deluxestyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

got any fit pictures. i am finalizing mine. Would be very helpful to see it on

I'll get some fit picture as soon as possible.
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:22pm
really looking forward to the fit pictures; that black aviator jacket is exactly what I have been looking for (but then in seal brown horsehide). Is it a custom model you asked them to do or something that is in their range of available type jackets?
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:35pm
Deluxestyling, I've lusted over your aviator way back when First posted over at vintageengineerboots. Lets see those fit pics!
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote deluxestyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 7:57am
Okay here are those fit pics. Not great quality pictures but you can see how the jackets are on.

Edited by deluxestyling - 08 Jan 2013 at 10:17am
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:42pm
Those look great, deluxe!
I particularly like the back construction on those.
And I also had never heard of the company before.

1933s? 201s?
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:54pm
I like seeing all of the interest in A-1s around here, that's always been a favorite style for me.
 This is my all time favorite A-1 repro, from Polo of all places. Funny how really nice vintage jacket styles that border on straight reproduction will every once in a while surface in the Polo line.

This is the best repro of a very early civilian A-1 style jacket I've ever seen. Exceeds any of the LVC offerings. The leather isn't specified on the tag, but from handling it I would guess it was mid-weight sheepskin. The only way that it differs from an original that I can see is that the sleeves are lined with viscose, which makes it a lot easier to get on & off. The wash is great too- a few believable repaired cuts, sun bleaching, even water stains along the inside of the sleeves. Everything you would expect on a well-preserved original from that era except for actual dirt!

Here are some examples of similar era A-1 types I lifted from the Lightning leather jacket issue:

srgprod View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srgprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

I like seeing all of the interest in A-1s around here, that's always been a favorite style for me.
 This is my all time favorite A-1 repro, from Polo of all places. Funny how really nice vintage jacket styles that border on straight reproduction will every once in a while surface in the Polo line.

I have that jacket. It's heavy duty Elkskin. I believe it retailed new for $ 1,495.00. It is indeed an amazing reproduction. The details and construction are as good as you will find anywhere. Unfortunately for me, its too tight after gaining some weight this year. If anyone wants it, size large, please contact me. 

Edited by mr randal - 09 Jan 2013 at 6:01pm
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deluxestyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 2:28am
Thanks. Superior Flight Apparel is a one man band part time company owned by Mark Fisher. The website isn't great and hasn't been updated for a while as Mark has plans to re-launch the business with a new profile, name and website as well as going full time with it. 

That back design was copied from a couple of pictures I scanned from Rin Tanaka's superb books. Mark also offered up some good ideas and was happy to design and make these jackets using his standard aviator half belt design adding my ideas into it with only pictures to go on. 

He is good friends with John Chapman from Good Wear Leather who must be a considerate help with the complexity involved in making reproduction leather jackets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 61>
  Share Topic