Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leather Jackets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 61>
Author
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by silencejoe silencejoe wrote:

A1 from LVC and HB

I've always thought your taste in jackets was superb, right up there with AFUSMCs.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 4:17pm
This is the leather jacket I'm obsessed with currently- the Elkhorn jacket from RRL's last season. Cowhide with flannel lining:

I know this wont be to everybody here's liking, as it is distressed and some bros seem to dislike RRL on principle, which feeling I have a little of myself.
 I think this is one of the best distressed jackets I've ever handled, though. The leather is grainy and has the right bit of lightening along the seams and darkening in protected areas, but without any simulated sun fading, crease marks, or faux repairs.
 The lining is a nice thick richly colored flannel that goes well with the leather color/texture and is cut in an interesting way- you can see in the last photo above that it is cut in a complex pattern that really hugs the line of the leather shell.
 Very comfortable and pliable right off the bat, but since it doesn't have any artificial body shape from the wash,I am thinking it should still meld to the wearer's body shape and age more like an undistressed jacket.
devilish View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote devilish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 1:08pm
This question was asked of mr randal in the LVC thread, 'Which leather conditioner do you use?' and I thought it would be good to list some here in this thread too.
I have, over several years now, come to really like the leather balsam made by Renapur. My Mom actually bought some at the Royal Cornwall Show many, many years ago and when ever I was home I'd use it on whatever leather items I had with me. It does an awesome job of conditioning and waterproofing and when applied properly is never greasy. Unlike some more well known products it leaves a nice soft, slightly shiny finish that doesn't dry out the surface and go 'squeaky'.
It's now available in the U.S. at http://us.renapur.com/
devilish View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote devilish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 1:17pm
And for good measure, here's a picture of my favorite leather jacket that just got a going over with Renapur. A Star Sportswear G-1 that is as old as I am (44yrs old).

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 11:29pm
I've added some links to some of the better known repro and vintage inspired leather jacket manufacturers/designers to hollows first post in this thread. Let me know if there are other companies that should be added.
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 6:33am
Thedi leathers (Greece)
Superior Flight Apparel (US)

Both companies make great vintage inspired jackets and are are good to deal with.
John B
deluxestyling View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote deluxestyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 6:42am
A jacket I had made by Superior Flight Apparel. 

Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 6:58am
V nice
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
johnb View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:09am
Superior is starting on a d pocket flight jacket for me when the horsehide comes in mid month. Very excited.
John B
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by deluxestyling deluxestyling wrote:

A jacket I had made by Superior Flight Apparel. 

What kind of leather?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 61>
  Share Topic