denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEROY STRAUSS *TOP TOP ELITE* WORLD TOUR.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 92>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:50pm
I like well made repros (especially True Religion) and maybe that's the problem for me - a lot of the new stuff is better than the old stuff … except that CSF stuff of course, can't fool me that being unable to sew makes it authentic WWII …
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:19am
I agree with you 100% Duke!
I appreciate your insight very much
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:44am
Ok, so to follow on from the posts above, current measurements are as follows:

Hem 22cm (8.7”)
Inside leg 76cm (30”)
Waist 42cm (16.5” ... x2)
Front rise 30cm (11.8”)
Back rise 44cm (17.3”)

Even my Lot 661ZXX front rise is 32cm with back rise also slightly more than 2cm over the Leroys - quite a difference even given they are about a size biggerh

Edited by Duke - 19 Aug 2019 at 9:05am
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:49am
Thanks Duke. Will convert it to old money later, after l'm back from the Oasis 👌
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Thought they were based on an original pair of 1890's 201's Mike found? If so should have a heathly rise but as you said maybe a couple of sizes up would've been ideal. Looking forward to the current measurements.

Btw if you keep those True Religions as deadstock then they could possibly be worth double 20 years from now   

1800’s Levi’s dont have a big rise compared to some of the other brands of the time- Duke would have to size up at least 2 sizes- for it to resemble an old timey fit. The open seams of a 1890 Levi aren’t going to dazzle that many folks that want to geek out on stitching- the fit and construction are all there- Roy had the originals for 3 months while he was making them- think we need someone really skinny- these pants were made to be worn with another pair of pants underneath these- waist overalls- were made to go over a pocketless pair of cotton or wool buckleback underpants.
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:00am
Thanks Sansome

You’re echoing the thoughts I had earlier re sizing and use. Clearly these have a special provenance and really do need someone with a 28-30” waist to let folks see how they should fit - the tagged size is meaningless.

It’s always very nice to hear your views
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

Thanks Duke. Will convert it to old money later, after l'm back from the Oasis 👌

Post updated for your convenience Doc
SLAB2 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLAB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Thanks Sansome

You’re echoing the thoughts I had earlier re sizing and use. Clearly these have a special provenance and really do need someone with a 28-30” waist to let folks see how they should fit - the tagged size is meaningless.

Haha, are you talking about me?
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:22pm
Possibly
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Thanks Sansome

Tag size on these are totally meaningless- my pair is a little larger than the other 5 pairs made- I still can’t wash them- Ever- if I did- would have to put mine on a tour- so all pairs were tagged 34w- are there not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 92>
  Share Topic