denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is stuck in your head today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 355>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:20pm
Beautiful, a stone cold classic.
Lost my shit to this many time at the Arches!
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:48pm
Not sure how but I don't think I've heard it til today - it was on an old John Digweed mix tape I had on in the car and I had to stop and find out what it was...
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:23am
I believe it was the b-side to 'positive education'.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:47am
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 12:37am
Originally posted by killer b killer b wrote:

That's a tune!

Ive not heard it before and it's right up my street.
One thing i loved about clubbing in the early 90's was every city had it's own unique sound, even cities 30miles apart sounded completely different to one another, I always thought Manchester sounded more 'liquid' (if that makes sense) compared to the clunk of Sheff.
Huge amount of creative output driven by record shops/labels, no matter how hard you tried you never got to hear it all. I suppose the internet changed all that.

We had an Arches in Sheff, (under the Wicker arches) i saw Aphex Twin there, all i can remember is that the bass was that uncomfortable it was giving me butterflies, and oddly the floor was covered in sawdust? it got everywhere...
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 12:44am
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 3:35am
Helixing my inner beanie
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 2:21am
Really digging this new Glasgow post-punk disco house band - you know these guys easedowntheroad?

https://amor-glasgow.bandcamp.com
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:28am
I sure do KillerB, I only have their 1st 12" personally but the 2nd 12" & LP is on the wants list.

Glasgow has some great music going on at the moment, most of it, it must be said, being laid down at Green Door Studios.

this little sampler cassette the label released is top drawer, with a cracking version of 'Tainted Love'

Another good Glasgow label to check is Invisible Inc, they are putting out some great stuff at the moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 355>
  Share Topic