denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Buy 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Buy 2019
    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 11:56am
I’m doing this weird thing for the new year where I don’t buy any new clothes... I’m aimingfor the whole year but if I make it six months then I’ll be happy. Has anyone ever tried such a thing? I figure it’ll give me more appreciation for what I’ve already got to wear, and it gives me a nice new pair of jeans to look forward to at the end of the year.

I’m making exceptions for necessary clothes if needed... like socks, underwear, t-shirts, but I’ve got loads of those already, so... I should be good. I didn’t have a rain jacket up until last week in preparation for this.

I’ll still be splurging on other things if I want them, but nothing crazy.

Wish me luck.
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:11pm
Daniel, my wife got triggered by an acquaintance who works in fashion, who's doing the same thing. The acquaintance is fed up by the industry , especially the fast fashion, and wanted to make point.
I did a long stretch in 2016. And going to try and do it again this yr. I don't need anything, just want stuff.
So in this smooth sailing house hold no more new clothes for a while
dislectic
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:12pm
Good luck Daniel

I did it last year...in fact i'm pretty sure the last item of clothing i bought was a SunSurf shirt from Naoki back in S/S 2017.
I just repair my old shit nowadays as it becomes increasingly threadbare... I'm quite enjoying the process

I will have to buy some more CSF at some point but im hoping to make it to the 2yr mark in the coming months.
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:18pm
Yea I’m planning to do the same.
Only buy necessities as needed. Socks and underwear.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:51pm
Great thread idea. Coincidentally I’ve just been reading various articles on minimalism for the last half hour or so and was going to post up something similar in the “Post something here...” thread. I tried this last year, started well but failed miserably. I’ll try again this year and will attempt to extend it to material possessions beyond clothing although there will be exceptions - the odd CD and running shoes, as long as my knee isn’t completely f*cked (suspected meniscus tear to get checked out). I can’t think of any necessary clothes I don’t already own so can’t really justify any new garments. My Achilles heel is when I see stuff on sale at a good discount or being sold cheaply on the forums. Must be strong, got to resist....!

Edited by Maynard Fried-San - 01 Jan 2019 at 1:02pm
Helixing my inner beanie
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 1:10pm
I think I'm in on this. let's go!
Daniel View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:31pm
Glad to see some folks who feel like doing the same. Who knows maybe I can go longer...

I think another exception would be *necessary* work related clothes (like if you just strted a new job and need a uniform or something) and/or shoes if they are in bad need to being replaced
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm
I should get on board with this. Probably won't....Embarrassed
deaner33 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deaner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 6:04pm
I plan to do the no shoes purchased in 2019 and at the end of the year send in a couple of pairs of boots to get the Role Club treatment. Of course like an addict, I bought a pair of boots yesterday. 😳
Daniel View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 7:10pm
CSL if I had your collection I could go a few years without purchasing, no problem...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic