Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 8:36am
Buttons are good.  They are also an endangered species, at least in Smart Phone World. 

One of my phones manages to bridge the rotary dial-button gap by making little rotary noises when I push the button.  Thing's got to be close to 30 years old and still works a charm.

The vain part of me is relieved to report that, during the time I've spent in North America, the shortest dial sequence I can recall still comprised seven numbers.  And, no, I can't ever recall Canada Post being open to anything other than a full address, right down to the postal code. 

Even a letter to Santa requires a proper "H0H0H0".
HP Sauce
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

When i was a kid the nearby phone boxes were foc if you knew the little
trick... lift up the receiver and the button thingy underneath that you
could press to get a dialing tone (it probably has a name which my
limited knowledge doesn't stretch to) you would press it once for 1, twice for 2
and so on up to 10x for 0 and it would dial anywhere in the country for
nothing...so 340121 you would press it 3 times (rest) 4 times (rest) 10
times (rest) and so forth...
We were like code-breakers, only problem was the
line of lovesick teens queueing down the street

My mate use to do that tapping trick on his home (dial) phone that his parents put a (physical) lock on. Anyone else remember those phone locks?

I used to do that too. Took fucking ages to call anyone, but it bypassed that stupid lock that my parents put on.

That showed ‘em!
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 6:31pm
Must've been cool in the early days of phones.

"What's your number, mate?"

"84"...…

www.wabashtees.com
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 2:48am
Phone books were a doddle.
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 4:58am
BR549.
Joseph Hill View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:42am
I've got a friend that growing up was on one of the last party lines in Seattle. Not as good as it sounds, you actually had to share the number with a stranger. You had to wait for them to finish their call before you could make yours, or join in their conversation. Tour pants can have party line phone fades.
My coat has nine buttons, but I always fascinate.
smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:48am
Originally posted by BlueTrain BlueTrain wrote:

BR549.

great band
dislectic
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:12am
I saw something on IG about a 50% off sale from Forty Niners/CSF. Tried a google translation but the facts were not apparent.
Is it in-store only?  Anybody know?
Collin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Collin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:04am
I think, and this is only my assumptions after seeing the IG story, that on a certain day they gave some coupon off to some person present to the store as a tradition/party or I don't know. So I guess it's only in store yes...
https://www.instagram.com/c__jonas/
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
Thanks, Collin. That makes sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 308>
  Share Topic