Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 308>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:58am
Done that , it seems to work

Thanks lads
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:34am
I saw some old dude at B&Q this morning, probably around 60, large belly but probably not such a large waist, his jeans were held up with braces worn on his belly a'la humpty-dumpty, then you get some (usually younger) dudes wearing say a 34" waist on the hips with their much larger distended belly hanging over the top and thirdly there's the (usually older) Jackie Gleason types with their jeans pulled right up over the belly and buttoned just below the ribcage, i was wonder-queueing and thinking.. is there an age regarding the transition of belly chalenging trousering height?
I'll endorse anything for cash
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 2:53am
I would assume it's down to what rise was the norm during your formative years.

The 60 year old will be used to a mid-high rise,  older fellers will probably be more used to 'pit-sters'. and the younger bellied dudes have probably predominantly had low rise jeans thrust at them for most of their lives. It's all they know. Bless'em.

*usual disclaimer- absolutely no research has been done.
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 3:29am
I’ve got jeans and trousers that have a variety of rises - mostly it’s down to my mood as to what one I’ll wear ... although my belly seems to be having a bigger and bigger say about that
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 5:25am
Lower rise makes my beer gut more prominent I feel.
I tell myself the higher rise acts as a way to contain my beer gut? Haha
Either way I despise low or even mid rise. I prefer 13” front rise and 16” back rise
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:24pm
More denim fitting quandaries.. last month while i was trying to establish if lady-soul's old Wranglers were actually 70's era vintage i spent a heck of alot of time looking at denim covered ladies bottoms on the Internet and it got me thinking...most ladies jeans irrespective of cut do absolute wonders for their derriere's while in comparison most men's jeans have the opposite effect.
This isn't just sexual preference, i can appreciate that some men have perfectly sculptured behinds yet irrespective of build a vintage cut can often result in your ass looking like it's swallowing up your jeans i see it around denimland quite often, heck ive done it myself, the jeans feel like a perfect fit around my arse and im my minds eye they look dope but a photo can often say otherwise.
I often find the best results are something akin to killer-b's rear in those LeRoy's simply because they cover without any sign of form. You could say its because ladies jeans are fitted but men's slim cut jeans look fucking dreadful around the arse region simply because the pocket position tends to sit on the crease between the lower ass and upper thigh causing a fold (not at all attractive) whereas ladies pockets sit on top of the ass. What the hecks going on with our denimclad bottoms? don't even get me started on saggy assed jeans, us men folk just can't seem to get it right.
I'll endorse anything for cash
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 12:28pm
I recall seeing a movie where Audie Murphy was wearing a pair of jeans with no back pockets. Perhaps he was onto something...
Duke View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 2:32pm
Men wear 'overalls' - ladies wear 'jeans'
I don't swim. I can swim. I just don't have much cause to do so in the normal run of things.
redchris View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:46am
Hello. Any bros had any experience with white rabbit Express as a proxy ?
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Duke Duke wrote:

Men wear 'overalls' - ladies wear 'jeans'

A manuscript from around 1939 called blue jeans "waist overalls."

In the British Army (which I'm sure you're interested in), overalls are a type of slim cut pants, mostly worn by officers, particularly with "mess kit." Not to be confused with coveralls.

In an old film about logging and loggers, several loggers are shown wearing very high-waisted blue jeans with (I think) button-thru back pockets and even then, with very high turn-ups. So-called "logger jeans" are still available, mostly from places that carry logging supplies (like Bailey's on-line and Madsen's Shop). They are usually full-cut, high-waisted and invariably have suspender buttons, sometimes with double fronts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 308>
  Share Topic