denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Real McCoy's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 192>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ishmael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 1:13am
Nice!
dkatz View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 10:33am
Sad to say I'm looking to sell the wabash workshirt I picked up at Inspiration. It's damn rad, but I've realized there are other things I need to prioritize with that money. Just looking to recoup the $120 I spent (wholesale price), plus shipping.

I just took a couple quick photos this morning, but can get measurements this evening if anyone requests. It's a pretty true size small (though with a boxier work-shirt fit). It is unsanforized so will shrink a bit if/when soaked. I wore it twice and have not soaked it.

rayw44 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayw44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 10:46am

PM sent.

hollows View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
Were the flecked wool double diamond shirts present at Inspiration?  Man I wish that wabash was a medium, Katz.
I make things out of leather.
dkatz View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:10pm
^ not that I remember, Hollows (but I might have missed them)

Sold, thanks to rayw44! 
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:31pm
Lot.003 WWII Repro,s landed today.
Details accurate to the WPB restrictions of the era.
Just as nice on the inside.

Full Legs.
Soaking in the tub...Fit pic,s will follow in a day or two.
Only a few retailers have offered a pre-order. I have heard they shrink to above tag,Fingers crossed.

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:36pm

Non symmetrical but intentional pocket stitching.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 3:35pm
I know rationing and rationalisation took place during WW2, hence the details we all understand on period repros, but why the wonkiness, if indeed that is also correct? Was common sense and eyesight rationed too? Or were the people sewing perhaps not the regular machinists and using substandard machines in worse than normal conditions, all due to the war? Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Nice pair by the way Double Oh.
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 4:10pm
here's a vintage pair compare to. 

http://bluegoldblues.com/post/4595333664/ebay-6-789-00-1940s-wwii-levis-s501-xx

The belt loops seem the be the biggest exaggeration, but I think McCoy's does that on most of their jeans.  
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 2:06am
When you see them from the side the loops do not look as extreme as they do in the pic above,
Possibly due to them being on the fold of the denim.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 192>
  Share Topic