FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watergate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Watergate
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 3:33am
so 4chan deleted everything? where are the trump-pepe-denim memes in place of the old threads then?
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

The problem as i see it.. Denimbro is the true source of those opinions but lets say Web Wiz gets gets webjacked by 4Chan terrorists and we lose the true source, then what? you become the originator because you took the time to copy it out, fuck that its totally unethical.

I was a visionary
I'll endorse anything for cash
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:45pm
Officials have reviewed the footage, connersgate can not be combined
Qualifications for gate status have been denied 🔨

Edited by Sansome - 07 Nov 2019 at 10:57pm
TheEscapist View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheEscapist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:49am
I have recently been going through that thread from the beginning again and have always wondered about expurgate-gate as well. Interesting to hear it may have been retailer motivated-seems like all the grumbling about the change from ordering direct is still mostly intact. 
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 2:08pm
Man ... Styleforum... wow,  yea... that place was intense and very proto social media.  I started posting there in college so  It would have been 2005-6 . I am pretty sure i was friends with people from there on myspace if that helps place set the stage even more.

I  had well over 10,000 posts there.  Ermm

But , it ultimately led me towards LVC 47s , I heard about Roy and bought OG Roys instead  so while It was definitely not a great resource for info on heritage /workwear  I   managed to make a ton of good friends there and ultimately ended up here as a result.

Edited by Bob Dale - 06 Nov 2019 at 3:32pm
Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 1:54pm
It's a shame people got all hot and bothered over not getting some fancy pants.
Sure, I was a little disappointed but not enough to go out of my way to complain about about it to anyone.

I wasn't around during the early Roy days, I started out on StyleForum and graduated to sufu a couple years later. I'd be interested to hear about it all.

I'm actually going to see Roy in a few weeks.
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 1:50pm

Where's RNRswitch ... i recall him being instrumental in that thread, in it's earliest incarnation.

mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
That Roy thread was very active and rambunctious, frequently OT and had a lot of members who had disdain for Sufu’s retailer over-friendly (some might say) policies.
I always suspected that some business interest or another that had eyes on Roy pulled strings with some mods to try and change the culture of that thread to something more exploitable.
julian-wolf View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:24pm
^ I missed that one, and always wondered when reading through the earlier parts of the thread what that was all about. Anyone at liberty to give any explanation, now that it’s so far in the past?
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:17pm
can we go way way back to expurgate-gate 

i remember the groundswell of content on the superfuture Roy thread by 'Roy-boys' being cleansed from the thread when Roy were first offered at Self-Edge. There was a lot of playful banter about the URCC I think it was called... this was 8-9 years ago when I washed dishes for a living in Central Nebraska, so my memory  of everything at the time is a bit foggy.

It may have been more of a small ripple than full on wave... but i remember at the time feeling rather incensed that content would be moved/deleted. 

This would have been like 2010/2011 maybe.

anyone else remember that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic