FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEVI'S Vintage Clothing Japan (LVCJ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LEVI'S Vintage Clothing Japan (LVCJ)
    Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Vintage_Manila Vintage_Manila wrote:

Been a lifelong Levi's fan but new to the LVC scene. I've come across a pair which I believe to be a knock off of a Japanese reproduction, though I'm not a 100% certain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CowWp0CvGkT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

There's a lot of these floating in the vintage scene here in Manila but I've had my trepidations copping a pair.

The wash tag doesn’t look like this in this time period- made in USA and made in California- seems they should
Have added made in the lower 48…Just ( made in USA) is the usual.
Vintage_Manila View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage_Manila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 10:53pm
Been a lifelong Levi's fan but new to the LVC scene. I've come across a pair which I believe to be a knock off of a Japanese reproduction, though I'm not a 100% certain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CowWp0CvGkT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

There's a lot of these floating in the vintage scene here in Manila but I've had my trepidations copping a pair.
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by robroy robroy wrote:

I’ve been keeping an eye on yahoo Japan, and a 33 waist seems like I’d have some margin for error, but 33 waist is pretty rare. 32, all day long. Story of my life.
I found a worn pair of 32s that measures wearable for me, what amount of stretch and shrink are people experiencing with the Japanese made versions? I see some 32s listed measuring under 30” and this particular pair around 31”.

My w34 is a real W32
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:54am
I’ve been keeping an eye on yahoo Japan, and a 33 waist seems like I’d have some margin for error, but 33 waist is pretty rare. 32, all day long. Story of my life.
I found a worn pair of 32s that measures wearable for me, what amount of stretch and shrink are people experiencing with the Japanese made versions? I see some 32s listed measuring under 30” and this particular pair around 31”.
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

Lordjon those look great! I like the addition of the leather patch- deer hide?

It is leather to make gloves, but I do not know its origin
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 10:22am
Lordjon those look great! I like the addition of the leather patch- deer hide?
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 10:20am
Robroy- thanks! That is a gem.

If all those are Japanese production I’ve missed a few things- let’s keep an eye out on yahoo.jp for Japanese made 201s and 1983s...
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:18pm
I found this list of JVCJ product codes while searching internet diamonds.

http://www.casual.co.jp/levis/vintage/
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 3:48am
These are my 1937 Japanese Levi's 501. From the inside label I think they were made in September 2003. It's a shame the leather tag is gone. I have preferred to sew a piece of leather to them that to leave it with nothing.
Having seen original Levi's from that era, the rear pocket bows on this replica are just too perfect.
I have also put some cat's eye buttons on them because they are a bit too big for me.

Regards.
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 11:06am
More S702XX action. Leather tag has no XX, but wash tag does state S702XX. J22 buttons

Made in Bulgaria 44s on top, Made in Japan in the middle, and Made in the USA 47s on the bottom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic