denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MILITARIA PLUS (Workware,Cabourn,Kapital,etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Mr. Q Mr. Q wrote:

Originally posted by likeacannon likeacannon wrote:

I found a pair of old Korea-era 1205 chinos at a junk store and with a little tailoring I did they work great, taking in the leg a smidge and hemming them. They were originally meant to go over your pants as an extra layer. 

I'm digging those slippers

Thanks Mr. Q! They're normally just house slippers, but I occasionally forget I'm wearing them and leave he house for errands.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by BlueTrain BlueTrain wrote:

Does it still have the so-called gas flap?

One old master sergeant was still wearing HBTs when I was in the army in the mid-60s.

I believe it does, it does have this flappy thing.
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:26am
Does it still have the so-called gas flap?

One old master sergeant was still wearing HBTs when I was in the army in the mid-60s.
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 9:49pm
hbt by bottleswest, on Flickr

hbt3 by bottleswest, on Flickr

Korean war era HBT jacket...Found this a few years back, very little wear.
BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 2:42am
If those are what I think they are, I was issued a pair in the mid-1960s when I was stationed in Germany. They were originally part of the 1943 combat outfit and later superseded by the kind with cargo pockets. I was issued a pair of those, too. They were unit clothing and were the property of the company you were assigned to. But I never heard anything called "chinos" when I was in. We were issued four sets of khakis, which were referred to as khakis and nothing else.
Mr. Q View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Q Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by likeacannon likeacannon wrote:

I found a pair of old Korea-era 1205 chinos at a junk store and with a little tailoring I did they work great, taking in the leg a smidge and hemming them. They were originally meant to go over your pants as an extra layer. 

I'm digging those slippers
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:45pm
I found a pair of old Korea-era 1205 khakis at a junk store and with a little tailoring I did they work great, taking in the leg a smidge and hemming them. They were originally meant to go over your pants as an extra layer. 

Edited by likeacannon - 07 Jun 2020 at 10:00am
Noodle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:23am
Nigel Cabourn did a whole range of these. Trousers, Vest, Jacket, Tie.
One can go full commando.
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 10:01am
soundman.jp can be possibly be added to this list... (though not oversizing much...)

I am most interested in the unearthing of camouflage designs... I am most partial to flecktarn... but also very much like this repro of 1950s uk 'brushstroke' version from soundman...

and a 1940s original on offer from vintage showroom...

BlueTrain View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueTrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 3:12am
I have some rather wide-legged pants with pleats at the waist that I wear. They're French army pants from the 1950s and made of khaki drill cotton. They may not be quite as wide as some of those in the first few posts, though. They unfortunately have a button fly but are otherwise fine. They otherwise are about the same width as every army's issue pants in the 40s and 50s, as well as workwear. Well, actually, all pants during that period were made rather wide, especially after the war.

Anyone remember zoot suits?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic