Beginning question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beginning question
    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 10:51am
To echo robroy , you are asking a really broad question.

Can you elaborate on serious?

The brands mentioned are all great, but pants are pants. no need to drop 300$ if red tab 501s from penney's will suffice.

What matters to you?

Tell us about your favorite current pair of jeans. What do you like about them, what do you dislike about them.

smoothsailor View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoothsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:34pm
buy the one you like and can afford . There's no beginners denim. Get the conners if they appeal to you.
Its no contest, just rock them and wear them with stance. Then doesn't.t matter with one it is
dislectic
shredwin_206 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 6:31pm
So many many options.
We need to know what kind of cut you’re after? Or maybe a style inspiration you’re going for?
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:56pm
Welcome.

It’s kind of like asking; “I’m looking to buy my first car, what should I get?” Without knowing your needs, wants budget etc, it’s kinda of hard to make a recommendation.

Yeaster Bunny View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeaster Bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:17pm
Sugar Cane is a good suggestion. I would also encourage one wash denim so you don't have to worry about shrinkage. Depending on where you live you might have a nice local denim store near by that can help you out. Maybe this forum could give you some shop suggestions depending on where you live.
Obsessive Compulsive Denim
Iron Horse View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 4:56pm
For a beginning pair I’d look at Sugarcane.
Noodle View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:29am
I can always recommend Edwin Nashvilles.
Good price, available, solid build, classic cut, crotch rivet. "Classic" Jeans.
dudewuttheheck View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudewuttheheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 3:59pm
Yeah I don't think I would go to anything as extreme as CSF or Iron Heart for my first pair. TCB and Roy are both great, despite the price differences. 

Ooe is also amazing, though they can be harder to find if Standard and Strange doesn't have them in stock.
Eldani View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:01pm
I think TCB is a great place to start, if you wanna go down the repro road (with modern twists on some models). Great for the price, imo
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:21am
Try to get ahold of the new Roy’s- he’s in production right now, should be a few more weeks before they go on sale.
Certain models sell out quick, the new Roy’s coming out are most likely going to sell out quick...for me, that’s what I would
Go for, for my first raw pair.....many others to choose from, some of the other members can make some good suggestions
For you.....welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic