denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LVC 20s Balloon Pants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattbolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LVC 20s Balloon Pants
    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 4:54am
I have a bit of history with these in terms of haranguing Levi's for their reissue/wearing the sample prototype, but does anyone have a pic or has seen the original pair they apparently cut them from?

Still my fave shape they ever made.

Hoping someone has some info.

Thanks.

Matty.

Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:10am
I have a pair of LVC Denim Balloons as well - my favorite "at home" pants.

IRC there has been at least two versions of the Denim Balloons. One rigid/one wash version (with "Rocket City" collection in 2019?) and a washed, distressed and mended version from "Surf riders" collection (2018?)

I think there was a twill fabric one as well. I have never seen a pic of the originals though.
Too much Denim - too little time...
mattbolton View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattbolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:41am
As a backstory, LVC made a sample of these years ago but the stores never bought them in. I wore the original sample pair on the photoshoot for the Detroit range they did a few years back. That's me doing the back drop in them in the catalogue of that year.

After going beserk that they'd never even let the public see them I kept emailing them until eventually they arrived in stores.

So glad I did, they're amazing. Wish I'd have bought two pairs!
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:08am
they are great indeed. 1x2 denim. Here's a pic of the distressed ones from Surfers catalogue

raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattbolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 8:04am
Ah, mine are the dark wash. As shown in the Rocket collection but thought I've had em longer than 2 years!
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:40am
This one Matt? 2013 was still very much the skinny jeans era. Now the kids are wearing more high waisted pleated wide leg pants and everything oversized is making a comeback, the time might be more ripe for these balloons. There are still couple of pairs for sale on eBay...    

raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattbolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 9:53am
Yep! And that's my wife on the other page spinning. Need to have a look for a replacement pair just in case!

I agree. Though think it's better to get a pair made from Dawson Denim.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 1:24pm
Fairly sure someone on here ended up with a sample pair from the year they didn't go into production... 
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattbolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 1:24am
Jealous!
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 3:13am
Here is pic from some Japanese mag of the original Balloons. 

I found this from SUFU. Paul Trynka had bought a pair of the first run of Balloons that LVC made back in 2011. If you want to time travel to 2011 and see what else he got from a LVC sample sale it's here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic