denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 443444445446447 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 1:05pm
I assume it’s got to do with environmental (staining)? I’ve never given it any thought. I just wear my jeans as long as possible before washing and whatever comes out on the other end is what I got.
Sympathy-4-The-Denim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sympathy-4-The-Denim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:11am
@mikejungle

some of the cinchback era repro had a slightly of white weft.
if you want to achieve this yellowish look,  probably dye your jeans whith tea.

mikejungle View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mikejungle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 9:40am
ooh, that's interesting. Might try that on an older pair before committing a pair of LVC's. 

To continue the fade topic...how do y'all decide which way to go with your fade? I currently have:
* a pair of '66 501's
* a pair of '33 501's
* a triple pleat blouse (indigo)
* a '36 506xx

The '66 I've decided to use mostly as work/casual pants, so after the initial hot soak/couple months of setting creases, I wash them whenever they get dirty and I'm getting a nice low-contrast fade

The '33 501's and '36 type I jacket...I haven't washed yet since their initial hot soaks, and the jacket is starting to show white bits on the peaky creases. 

Most of the reference pics I'm seeing show a pretty even fade on the type I jackets, but I've seen one or two that have decent contrast, and they look really cool. Like a stone-y finish, almost. I just think high contrast can look a little gawdy sometimes.

So, yeah! 
Please give me input on how you decide what type of fade you chase, and maybe general guidelines on when you decide to wash (or not).

Here's my type I: 
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:52pm
I do NOT chase fades. I wear and treat my denim like the cheap work wear clothing for the blue collar folk that they were. Wear them hard. Wipe your dirty hands on them. Wash them when you can’t stand them any more (one wearing or fifty it’s just blue jeans).
In my experience the less you value them the more character they acquire.
ajando3500 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ajando3500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:56am

Edited by ajando3500 - 12 Sep 2021 at 1:38pm
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:25am
A very good find. 👍🏻
www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
Sansome View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sansome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by mikejungle mikejungle wrote:

Do y'all lean one way or the other on fade-styles? 

I like seeing a nice vintage fade with a decent amount of contrast...but unsure how to get that perfect medium.

I'm sure time and experience will help with the former, but my real question is: 
How are some fades yellowy instead of white? Is it possible to achieve for a non-miner?

Mine definitely get that look from the rock and dirt I crawl around in.
Years ago- a guy names Dkatz seemed to be drug behind a can in his contest
Pants, when he was working in Africa.
The dirty bastard won the contest. Have you thought about gardening?
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:15am
^Ajando, that was a great find.

Nice that the 1890s are a less common one to see people wear, too. Glad to see that model getting some love.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:21am
^mikejungle- fade color does seem to be affected by environmental factors- sun, chemical exposure, type of local soil & dust. The jeans sansome mentioned from dkatz- those ones spent most of their life in Africa and did end up a much different color to all the other jeans in that contest.
Some older jeans will be dyed with natural indigo, so some of those older miners jeans will impossible to replicate in aged color- unless you find some new natural indigo jeans and spend a lot of time crawling around in lead, Mercury, sulfur, arsenic, etc.*

*Not recommended!
ajando3500 View Drop Down
raw
raw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajando3500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:50am

Edited by ajando3500 - 12 Sep 2021 at 1:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 443444445446447 475>
  Share Topic