denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 475>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swallowtail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 7:07pm
if anyone wants a pair of brand new raw 201's 36x34 and has something to trade, PM me.
robroy View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by mr randal mr randal wrote:

If any of you OG LVC fans had a chance to sit down with the guy who cut the original patterns for some of the iconic LVC jeans (1955, 1937, 1963, 1890, 1933, 1947...) what sort of things might you ask him?

I would ask him, Was there really that much variance in cuts (say from 44-55). Seems levis really fiddled with the shape if they did. Or are the patterns exaggerated for the sake of sales or marketing or whatever?
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:21pm
^what robroy said.

I would also like to look at the vintage models that they copied at the time, for comparison.
maxamillionmose View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamillionmose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:43pm
^ I have a couple pairs of true vintage 1954 501s  (or near that... from some extensive research I learned that some zip fly 501s were produced outside of the 1954 year but in relation to that production) and they are quite a bit different from the LVC 54s. I always found it funny that they decided to make such a drastic change in fit between the models that fall between model year 44 and model year 55. 

that said, I have all the years that have been released since mid 2000s, and i like them very much. It just took a bit of trial and error to figure out what sizer in what year, and in what year of production fit me best. LVC is definitely something you want to try on if you have the chance before buying sight unseen.
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 5:12am

One of my questions would be if the 201 from 1937 did really exist in this way, because is too similar to 1937's 501.

LVC from 1996.

Regards.
redchris View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 5:39am
Just took delivery of these, 1944 501 s , 555, from 1998-9. Paid a small fortune for 36 x 36

Now, either these have shrunk whilst being stored, or I am now officially a fat bastard.

A good incentive to lose weight, but in the meantime I am open to offers over £199

Edited by redchris - 12 Sep 2013 at 5:44am
skyrunner View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote skyrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 5:54am

the wool jacket arrived yesterday, the quality is better than i expected and a lot heavier, weighing 4.6 pounds overall, it's a lot darker red than the online photos the lining is 100% cotton and pleated down the middle back,
i'd say the fit is true to size if not a little bigger the arms are a little long but can be adjusted, heavy zipper not re-enforced i think the eyelets are just to show. but yes i'm happy with it 80% wool 20% polymide.
setterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote setterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 6:15am
Originally posted by maxamillionmose maxamillionmose wrote:

^ I have a couple pairs of true vintage 1954 501s  (or near that... from some extensive research I learned that some zip fly 501s were produced outside of the 1954 year but in relation to that production) and they are quite a bit different from the LVC 54s. I always found it funny that they decided to make such a drastic change in fit between the models that fall between model year 44 and model year 55. 

that said, I have all the years that have been released since mid 2000s, and i like them very much. It just took a bit of trial and error to figure out what sizer in what year, and in what year of production fit me best. LVC is definitely something you want to try on if you have the chance before buying sight unseen.

Denimhunters had an article recently (which has since been removed from their site) where they interviewed Lynn Downey, and she admitted the LVC '54 is an altered pattern. Around the time they added the '54 to the line up, skinnier jeans were becoming fashionable, so they chose to alter the pattern to keep with modern styling ques.  Historical 501s from the mid 30s to the early 50s aren't all that radically different in shape.  IMO, LVC has amplified what little differences there are, because it's easier to sell four noticeably different cuts, than four of the same jean with subtlety different details.  And if you can take one of them, like the '47, and keep it mildly historic, while still appealing to a broad over all modern fashion sense, all the better.

I think a more interesting discussion would be the pattern maker's craft, and how you create a pattern from a vintage jean, without disassembling it. Obviously, if you can take the jean apart your job should be much easier.  How do you do it without destroying something that has historic or monetary value?       
I got a rocket in my pocket and roll in my jeans
Rivet Head View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivet Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 6:52am
I wonder why the article got nixed? TMI? 
www.rivet-head.blogspot.com
maxamillionmose View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamillionmose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 7:03am
^^^ The wool jacket looks great!  I was initially startled by how bright red the one in the fit pics looked on the shop's site. It also appeared to be more of a lengthy slender fit versus a cropped length falling just above the hips, but your picture renews my faith that this is an excellent jacket and a worthy release from LVC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 475>
  Share Topic