denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levis Vintage Clothing (LVC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 475>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 6:39am
^Nice pick up Bartles. These are the 125th anniversary model or sometimes referred to the '1st blue jean' (put on some pairs on a little tag). The silver threaded tag states '125' and 02/99. Levis' 125th anniversary was circa 1998 so makes sense. Obviously made at the Valencia st factory, judging by the denim l think this was the synthetic denim model. They also did a natural indigo version at the same time.

Doc.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 25 Jan 2019 at 7:02am
bartlebyyphonics View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:19am
dear dr thanks of the clarifications and reminder of timeframe
had those quite a while now; couldnt remember exactly when I got them: 1999 sure is a long time ago! (lvc were doing sales even then... a sweet grab from Newburgh st.) 
...remember wearing these smugly in the midst of the explosion of 'twisted jeans'... 
I dimly remember now those touted as '1st blue...' but they do very much resemble (to the superficial eye of myself at least) the current 1890 in terms of tag (design placement) and pocket...
made before all the re-jigs of Nevada et al... 
(presuming Japanese mill for the denim tho?)
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:32am
Yes, unfortunately there were several variations of the 1873/1890 models, before more was known.
The only difference back then l think, were the two types of leather patch (two horse like yours, and the earlier 'script only'), otherwise identical.

I think the mill is Kurabo, but Paul T would know for sure.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 2:35am
thanks again
got this at same time as the triple pleat which had a text only patch... 
[and the patches from then are of an exponentially better grade than their current patches, but gripes on lvc hardware is not new news...]
kurabo strikes a bell from paul t blogs
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:22am
and then to keep with the 90s retro theme
[an aside: I saw buffalo trainers being worn in the wild last night...]
more recent 1890s on legs...

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by bartlebyyphonics bartlebyyphonics wrote:

thanks again
got this at same time as the triple pleat which had a text only patch... 
[and the patches from then are of an exponentially better grade than their current patches, but gripes on lvc hardware is not new news...]
kurabo strikes a bell from paul t blogs

Was the 'triple pleat' the lined version? I'm guessing here, but if you picked these '1890's' up at the same time, l think that was the only version available (?)
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:51am
oh yes, the lined version is now worn by my eldest
(sure I've shown this here before... but hey ho)
oldest and newest models...
pretty identical denim to the '1st jeans' shared earlier

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:10am
Great shots mate, and apologies as l distinctively remember (on this or the other forum) you posting these. Nice denim family vibe, and kudos for keeping it in the family (my son has his eye on my vintage Lee stormrider for when he's older) - your daughter wears it well.

The strange thing about this earlier TP was that it was based on a drawing from an 1879 price list, which shows a pic of the modern version of the TP. I guess it was another interpretation of what was then known, before more info was available.
The thing l love about those early incantations of the 1873/1890 jeans (and the 1901 model) and the lined TP, is the use of that micro-stitching. Lvc certainly had some great moments during 1999-2002.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 26 Jan 2019 at 12:02pm
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartlebyyphonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:58am
thanks, and was sure you had seen them...
yes: I seem to dimly remember earlier down this thread there being such questions about the legitimacy of that triple pleat being sent to levis and there being a bit of dodging...
the young 'un was also gifted those 1st jeans but didn't get on with them, so have just got them back in my clammy hands... 
and even with the shift in quality re; stitching and hardware etc. however, imo the tux of the current 1880 and 1890 now is a better pairing than those earlier versions in terms of harmonised weight and cut (basically the first triple pleat strongly overpowered the much lighter 1st jeans and yet the lighter denim of the earlier TP doesn't quite suit the blanket lining... whereas I just cross my fingers for another triple pleat release in gingham fabric - it is a design that suits being worn between a shirt and a jacket... esp. seeing all buler's examples from the old photo thread...)

and yes please lvc: 1901 again pls!
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 8:32am
I’m not sure LVC would have both the 1901 and 1915 in its line-up when they are essentially the same jean with the latter using Cone denim and the former non-Cone (Amoskeag originally I think). I think LVC was happier to push the 1915s but now that Cone is no longer available, they may revert to the 1901s or switch between the two models, rather than sell both concurrently.
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 475>
  Share Topic