denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H.D.Lee & co - repros and originals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 68>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H.D.Lee & co - repros and originals
    Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 12:20pm

This is the place to post all your Lee original and reproduction denim, duck and other garments.
(come on Fardin - get some pix up of those 1920's Lee's!)

Early, 1950's 101LJ I used to own -

Details -

My 1960 101LJ -

And a fit -

My 1934 Edwin Lee repro from 2003 -

Details -

Neck label -

And an original label with the first 101J lot stamped on

And the fit -

And finally, my Lee 100J 'westerner' from c.1968-71 -

And a fit -

Edited by Dr_Heech - 12 Feb 2013 at 1:27pm
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 5:07pm
Been nagging a guy I gave( yes, gave. stupidest move ever!) a 91 LB to send me some pictures.  I may just have to go rescue (steal) it from him.

--rF 
colgems1966 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 2:19pm
great collection of Lee jackets Charlie. i've got that same 1960 101LJ in a size 46 too in one soak condition. i had owned a few 101lj's in the past but was never completely satified with what i had and sold them along. what drew me to that particular storm rider when i saw it was the uncommon blanket lining. you hardly ever see them with that stripe color/combo. almost all i ever ran across were the standard gray/yellow/navy.  i don't think they used the charcoal/maroon/blue/yellow troy mills lining for very long as i have seen very few in 20 years of looking.
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 2:49pm
the '34 jacket is perfect isn't it? 
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by colgems1966 colgems1966 wrote:

great collection of Lee jackets Charlie. i've got that same 1960 101LJ in a size 46 too in one soak condition. i had owned a few 101lj's in the past but was never completely satified with what i had and sold them along. what drew me to that particular storm rider when i saw it was the uncommon blanket lining. you hardly ever see them with that stripe color/combo. almost all i ever ran across were the standard gray/yellow/navy.  i don't think they used the charcoal/maroon/blue/yellow troy mills lining for very long as i have seen very few in 20 years of looking.

My story exactly!  5 stormriders before I settled on this one.  After the early lining which was detatched at the base (see '50's 101LJ), there were two lining combos.  These linings were only used from c.1960-1965 -

Then the grey/yellow/navy with red stripe appeared briefly before they dropped the red stripe altogether.

Back 'in the day', earlier lined jackets were even less commonplace - thank god for the interweb!

Edited by Dr_Heech - 13 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 11:29pm
IMO the most striking color combination. i was well pleased when i found mine. it was in perfect condition except someone put their initials on the stormrider label in marker. urrgh, but it doesn't take too much away from it. i also searched a long time for a carhartt chore jacket with a wool blanket lining. i had one of those with the synthetic blanket lining and couldn't warm up to it. i finally found one with a wool lining for cheap. it appeared to have been worn 1-2 times and put away, unfaded and stiff. it had what appeared to be a small spot on one of the lower pockets, when i scrubbed it the fabric disintegrated (must have been a burn) and it made a hole the size of a dime. still for $40 i'm not complaining. i love those old troy mills blanket linings, but only the wool ones.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:51am
Get some pictures up Bob!  You could also start the Carhart thread!

killer b - thanks, it's a much better fit on me than my old 506xx.  You got one?
Be good to see more pix from your various vintage finds.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colgems1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:01am
Charlie is there a way to post pictures directly from the mypictures section of my computer? i don't have a photo bucket account? thanks!
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by colgems1966 colgems1966 wrote:

Charlie is there a way to post pictures directly from the mypictures section of my computer? i don't have a photo bucket account? thanks!

I'm not sure?  It's easy, and free, to open a photbucket account.
You could ask m.r.randal - he's a dude with a bit of a computer-know-how.

- looking forward to seeing your collection, knowing you have a fair bit of knowledge/experience, but not seen any of your vintage finds on Su*u.

(check out the other Troy Mills lined 1st 559xx in the 'denim jackets' thread btw)

Edited by Dr_Heech - 01 Feb 2012 at 10:46am
killer b View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote killer b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Dr_Heech Dr_Heech wrote:

killer b - thanks, it's a much better fit on me than my old 506xx.  You got one?
Be good to see more pix from your various vintage finds.
sadly not - i've got my eye out, but short of paying 200+ quid for one from the lee shop (which isn't really on the cards atm) i don't think i can find one for what i'm willing to shell out. i think it's the best designed denim jacket i've yet seen though - like a more refined levis type 1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 68>
  Share Topic