Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you reading?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 4:11am
I don’t really know much about them but socks are socks and provided they all have the qualities mentioned above and don’t slip, rub, chafe or wear out quickly there’s not much to choose other than colour, pattern and height. But as I don’t know anything about Sealskinz they may have magical properties that I’m unaware of!

EDIT: Stance are the hipster-central of the running sock world so if your friend doesn’t want those type of associations then it may be good to steer clear of them. I think they’re also made in China.

Balega is a US brand but I understand the socks are manufactured ethically in South Africa.

I think CEP and Falke are both German companies and the socks are made there.

Edited by Maynard Fried-San - 21 Dec 2018 at 4:37am
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 5:00am
Cheers mi'dears

I'll whip over to Up & Running now and get those CEP

Yep best stear well clear, he even seems increasingly annoyed at the recent surge/popularity of running.
Grumpy owd git!
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 6:15am
Well that was a terrible retail experience.. No CEP! most of their stock is online only.

Ive come away with the Sealskins, only ray of sunshine is they are made in the UK so i dont mind the additional £££
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 6:29am
I’m sure they are great and will be gratefully received. I didn’t realise that Up & Runnig is a nationwide chain, hence the variability of stock in the shop.
Helixing my inner beanie
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 9:36am
Bob Dale View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

GRAIL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bob Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
Just started in reading the Chronicles of Narnia to my sons. 

We are a chapter or two away from finishing the first book 'The Magicians Nephew' .  As a rule I am usually un-interested in fantasy/allegory but find myself appreciating it .  I suppose I may be enjoying my son enjoying it .
likeacannon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote likeacannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:40pm
Narnia is among my favorites Bob Dale, so much depth and simplicity all in one. 

Currently traveling through "The Gentlemen's Companion: Or on Being an Exotic Drinking Book", as well as a book on the ancient concept of acedia called "Acedia and its Discontents: Metaphysical Boredom in an Empire of Desire" Both are fascinating in their own right.
EaseDownTheRoad View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EaseDownTheRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:33am
Beastie Boys Book.  It's really good.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

I’m sure they are great and will be gratefully received.

Those socks did the trick, he had his reservations, having never owned proper running socks before only cheapo's from Decathlon or TK and initially he thought they were a novelty, but having tried them, he loved them. Said that he never realised that he was running with wet feet until he experienced running with dry feet, sounds odd.

Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:33pm
^ Never underestimate sweat-wicking properties!
Helixing my inner beanie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic