denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best of Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:16pm
Just picked these up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUGAR-CANE-Japan-1930s-BUCKLEBACK-DENIM-JEANS-32-x-34-military-USN-Vtg-RARE-/302756710242?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=lvj%252BMbX2Pyo2apARVCR3GqvmGhI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Very excited about them—it's been a while since I've seen any Cane's at all from this period show up in like-new condition (besides the horrible hard-wash versions), and they just happened to be in my size. Hurrah!

edit: When I try to revisit the page, it shows a completely different listing, with the message "The listing you're looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you". There's a link that takes me to the original listing, but opening the link without cookies takes me right back to the recommended "similar item". Anyone know how to robustly link to closed eBay auctions?

Edited by julian-wolf - 08 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:17am
When you posted this last night, your link showed persimmon dyed SC40302's albeit 'this listing has now ended' Today is shows some $25 'Big Smith Authentic Dungarees' Im not quite as excited about them Wink
You'll have to screen shot it.

Wasim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wasim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:18am
Hey Neal, if you click on the link where it says ‘listing’ at the top it will take you to the ended auction page. hope this helps
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:00pm
Evening Wasim, i will figure out how to work this internet-thingy one day.

What threw me is the url above^ states 'rare 30's Sugarcane buckleback's' but the listing is for SC40302's

C'mon Julian spill the beans?
Wasim View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wasim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 2:18pm
Evening sir :) yeah Ebay have recently changed their functions so now when you want to see previous listings they instead try to sell you new shizz. Very cheeky and annoying but you can still view the old listing; although they don’t want to make it easy for you
julian-wolf View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

C'mon Julian spill the beans?
Seller's images rehosted, courtesy of imgur: https://imgur.com/a/Xgp31jz

Meanwhile, shipping confirmation has been received…the wait begins!
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 1:53am
SC40501 Nice!

They look almost unworn, how much did you pay for them?
julian-wolf View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:14am
They do seem to be almost unworn; the seller notes that they still feel rigid. (Was a non-wash version of these sold? I guess I'll find out soon, looking at the lot number…)

I got them for a steal. The seller didn't list them as "Edo Ai" nor by their lot number, and in stead called them a 1930s military cut, so I think there was pretty low visibility. Picked them up for $3 above the minimum bid of $149.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:35am
That's not far off their original rrp, Yes they were sold in both one wash and no wash state, they still had the smaller sizes in stock at PSA the last time i looked which was probably a couple of years ago now.

Good catch!
illumin8em View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illumin8em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by julian-wolf julian-wolf wrote:

They do seem to be almost unworn; the seller notes that they still feel rigid. (Was a non-wash version of these sold? I guess I'll find out soon, looking at the lot number…)

I got them for a steal. The seller didn't list them as "Edo Ai" nor by their lot number, and in stead called them a 1930s military cut, so I think there was pretty low visibility. Picked them up for $3 above the minimum bid of $149.

Good catch on these. I messaged the seller three times since the first day the auction was listed asking for a little assistance and never got a single reply, or you might have had a competitive bidder for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 38>
  Share Topic