denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote shredwin_206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:37am

Best jeans for $20 hands down.
Perfect fit, beautiful denim, and tough as nails
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 6:15am
Edwin-made Wrangler 10MW 64.

14oz, sanforized (I hope!) loose cut with right-hand twill, button fly, felled inseam and selvedge outseam.

Helixing my inner beanie
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:53am
Recently made?
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 11:36am
No, I’m not sure when from the tag, possibly 2008? It’s straightforward with Edwin’s own Japanese jeans but I’m not sure about the codes on these. I know they haven’t been produced for some time though and in fact, I’m not sure the Bluebell range is still being manufactured by Edwin, if at all.
Helixing my inner beanie
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 11:42am
Hmm. Too bad. I like the look of those. Always wanted the early sale jacket too.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 11:59am
There may be a shop that still has them in size 33 (will probably measure 35-36” raw) if that’s any good, let me know and I’ll see if I can find it - it was a Japanese site and I don’t use Chrome.
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 1:20pm
Are these the 'one in's' you've been waiting for?

I know jack-shit about Wrangler, my mrs used to l;ove their broken twill, rodeo cut back in the late 90's, I don't even know what model they were..
I'll endorse anything for cash
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Maynard Fried-San Maynard Fried-San wrote:

There may be a shop that still has them in size 33 (will probably measure 35-36” raw) if that’s any good, let me know and I’ll see if I can find it - it was a Japanese site and I don’t use Chrome.

If you're poking around & find them I'd be curious to know the measurements. 35 raw would be cutting it pretty close but you know, sometimes one embraces the challenge.Angry
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 2:56pm
These are those Neal, ordered them a while back and got them last week after a stint in customs
They’re probably the most Levi’s-esque of the Wrangler Blue Bell range in terms of features and I’d been after a pair for some time. I really like exposed back pocket rivets but after wearing some LVC 1915s, realise they’re not too practical, however, these smooth ones fit the bill well.

I had a pair of Wrangler jeans as a kid and loved them so always intended to buy another pair. I bought some 11 MWZ Blue Bells from Asos about 9 years ago but the fit was terrible on me - way too tight on the thighs - these are much better.

Lady Soul May have worn the 13 MWZ - as posted by Shredwin earlier in this thread.
Helixing my inner beanie
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:45pm
You might be right Martin, ive found these two photo's, the patch and embroided label do look to be the same but there are no back pocket rivets, does that still make them a 13 MWZ?

At this stage they're 25yr old camping jeans therefor aho'd to the max, she reckons they were £75 new so not that cheap but they certainly don't look to be in the same league as your Edwin made Wranglers.
Do you know what the country of manufacture would have been in the 90's ?
I'll endorse anything for cash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic