denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluebell's 'Wrangler' thread, originals and repros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 7:46am
Saw this picture in some ages old sufu Wrangler thread. I have tried to search the web for the origin but got wery bleak results. Anyone know who made these repros and did Wrangler at some point in history have this kind of gullwing or  "low M" stitching?

I know that they later had a M stitching in their Maverick range but that was steep like the regular wrangler W reversed.

Too much Denim - too little time...
topgearskin View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 8:48am

Anyone know when this style of jacket first appeared.
I'm struggling.
They were made in the early twill denim as well as the Wrandam zig zag.
The cord ones were definitely around in '68 (lots of people have said so and ive got a pic from early '69, clear as day).

The colourful hippy advert attached was reported to be 1970 (and others say '69) but isn't a great representation.
And the Western wear ad is '69 but this copy isn't quite clear enough to make it out.
Same with the how to spot a Wrangler - posted as '69 but this copy isn't clear enough.

My guess is '69 but that's with some speculation.

[IMG]

Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 10:15am
@Denimetc - Sorry, cant help you with the repro

@Topgearskin - Hi, according to Boon vol 4 (denim jacket edition), your jacket was made from 1973-1978.

I know that the black label stuff is post '69 and that your jacket neck tag dates from the mid-seventies
I'm not that familiar with anything post '68 when it comes to
Wrangler so cant be of any more help unfortunately.

Edited by Dr_Heech - 29 Jan 2014 at 1:41pm
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 10:59am
Thanks for the quick reply Dr H.

its more the style of the jacket I was questioning, rather than that particular one. The two pocket Levi type 3 style jacket.
I've got one in the old twill denim (before the broken twill became standard for jackets) so I'm guessing that one dates between '64 and '70 (from what I've gathered so far). My guess was about '68-'69. So do you have a date for when that style first rolled out? It was of course available in corduroy in the late '60s (but without the W on the pocket flaps).
Much appreciated.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 12:00pm
I'll try and post the pics of the BlueBell's Wrangler jackets info l have to illustrate, maybe tomorrow or over the weekend.
Denimetc View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Denimetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by topgearskin topgearskin wrote:

Anyone know when this style of jacket first appeared.
I'm struggling.
They were made in the early twill denim as well as the Wrandam zig zag.
The cord ones were definitely around in '68 (lots of people have said so and ive got a pic from early '69, clear as day).

I am with Dr on this one.  According to my research your Jacket with W in the flaps dates between 1973 - 78/79. I think it is a model 127MJ. Is it made in USA? Because from the 1960's Wrangler was made with a licence in Europe also (Belgium I think) and there was some differences in models and their release dates between US and European made jackets. 

Too much Denim - too little time...
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 7:11am
Topgearskin.
Hi, managed to get the pics of the 1970's Wrangler jackets page from my Boon vol4 magazine for you.

And here is the only photo I have of your style of jacket ('73-'76) -

Edited by Dr_Heech - 01 Feb 2014 at 12:40pm
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 12:23pm
And here's a deadstock one on ebay showing the tag date as '74 -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WRANGLER-JACKET-DEADSTOCK-127-MJ-1970s-NOT-LEE-MONTANA-COWBOY-/121263503375?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item1c3bde380f
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote topgearskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 3:05am
Thanks dr, great info
rvlove View Drop Down
crocked
crocked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 9:47am
Looking for info on this Wrangler 'No-Fault' denim vest with sherpa lining. Made in USA.

(Hope i've found right thread ) 

I understand they were wrinkle free / non iron garments (post washing) . Would that be correct?

I can't quite make out the coding to the tagging as it as faded somewhat. Something along the lines of VN200NY ?

No stamps to buttons . 

Thanks. Gil 

Edited by rvlove - 23 Jan 2016 at 10:07am
eBay U.K Top-rated seller since 2006 - www.retrovintagelove.co..uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic