denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 79>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Happy Hooligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 11:32am
The best thing to do is to just do it.  So many people talk of doing stuff but never actually do it.  

If you can't go full time then take a few night classes.   It will take longer, but before you know it you're done.  

There is a lot of financial aid out there if you really look.   I'm still paying off my student loan and probably will till I'm 60.   

Edited by Happy Hooligan - 06 Mar 2012 at 11:33am
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 11:36am
^^Agree with Matt and Bob.
Ran, dont know how relevant this is to your situation, but I (like Rivet) went back to college after many various unskilled jobs and finally got a degree (fine art).  But never used it and instead got into the industry I worked in (temping) to fund my degree (nursing/support-work).  After ten years, got fed up so self-funded some Drystone-walling courses whilst honing my work shifts around them.  The recession hit 6 months after qualifying so just went for the first job offered (green-keeping).  I've done many other odd jobs both in the UK and spent years working abroad doing various seasonal work after buying a one-way ticket somewhere with the determination to fund-as-I-go travel.  It can be done.
Self-belief and graft and the willingness to push yourself a little further than the next guy are the things that will get you there.  What have you got to lose? Smile 
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 2:41pm
Hey ran, chin up - you got a PhD in Denimology!
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:40pm
Thank you all. I think I still have plenty of years ahead of me and judging by all your replies, I really should just learn to be more resilient than what I currently am and grind in more hard work. I think what I really needed was for someone to hear me out and offer opinions, as opposed to me solely ranting. I am definitely very grateful for all the precious opinions from you guys who have definitely got a lot more experience in life than I have. Thank you once again, time to work at this!
faithless, the wonderboy
cash View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 7:46am
25 was one of the worst years of my life. That age is funky. You are on the bottom rung of adulthood. Anyway, the next year I met my wife, graduated college (finally) and landed my first career job. Life turned on a dime that next year.
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:38pm
Ebayer mextekila is bad news! Liar. Feedback extortionist.
(read from bottom up)

Dear kevinagogo,

Done and a negative feedback left for you!

- mextekila

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

To: mextekila
Subject: Re: Item I received is not as described: mextekila sent a message about Ande Whall "Streaky Grifter" 34 x 33.5 cut like LVC '66 #180808675276
Sent Date: Mar-06-12 18:13:49 PST

Dear mextekila,

I have the pictures and offered to send them to YOU, not ebay. They measure 34 x 33.5. You bought these so probably know how nice jeans are supposed to be measured- look at the Blue in Green website. I measured the jeans exactly as they stipulate and they are 34 x 33.5.
I did not promise you an automatic refund of your shipping- look below, I said I would refund shipping if MY MEASUREMENTS were wrong. They are not.
I will not refund your shipping costs.
You may:

1- leave positive feedback and then take the $60 refund.
2- Open a case with Ebay, in which case you will probably end up AT BEST receiving the $60 refund, which I have already offered.

- kevinagogo

To: kevinagogo
Subject: Re: Item I received is not as described: mextekila sent a message about Ande Whall "Streaky Grifter" 34 x 33.5 cut like LVC '66 #180808675276
Sent Date: Mar-06-12 17:56:28 PST

Dear kevinagogo,

Sorry, but I am not in agreement.
You know a lot about blue jeans and I have bought a couple of jean jackets from you before.
The measured waist is 16 inches plus a little bit (a 1/4 inches flat)making it a 32.5 waist.
The inner seam to the crotch juntion is not 33.5 inches as you state.
You say you have pictures and you could send them to eBay if you wish. I sure do not need them!!!!
The cost of sending the jeans back was $10.20 and I expect as you promised to be reimbursed for it.
Be good at keeping your word the same way I am at keeping mine.
I will only accept a full refund including the cost of shipping back and making it an issue with eBay will not help you or me.
Best regards,

- mextekila

Sent Date: Mar-06-12 16:58:41 PST

Dear mextekila,

I just picked up the jeans from the PO and checked them- they measure exactly 34 x 33.5, as I had them listed. I have taken pictures of them being measured with a flat ruler, and would be happy to send them to you at an external email address if you like. I don't usually accept returns, and only took these since you claimed they were not as described. Since I already have them back, I will refund your purchase price, but cannot refund any shipping. If this is agreeable to you, you can go ahead and leave me positive feedback and I will then reimburse you for the purchase price.

- kevinagogo

Sent Date: Feb-29-12 05:54:32 PST

Dear kevinagogo,

Hi,
Thanks for stepping forward so positive.
The jeans are exactly as received and have not been washed or dry cleaned.
I remeasured them again and my previous measurements stand.
Could you please reconfirm your return address?
Thank you!

- mextekila

Sent Date: Feb-29-12 01:51:10 PST

Dear mextekila,

P.S. can you please confirm before shipping that you did not machine wash or dry these jeans.

- kevinagogo

Subject: Item I received is not as described: mextekila sent a message about Ande Whall "Streaky Grifter" 34 x 33.5 cut like LVC '66 #180808675276
Sent Date: Feb-28-12 19:21:10 PST

Dear kevinagogo,

I just returned home froma a trip and found the package with your jeans. Please be advised the inner leg is 32.5 and the waist is about 16 and a little bit inches flat. (defenetly not 34 x 33.5 as described on the title)
I need to return them back to you.
Please confirm your retun address and I would appreciate to get re-imbursed for the cost of sending them back to you. Please advise how to send them back.
Thanks!

- mextekila

Ande Whall &amp;quot;Streaky Grifter&amp;quot; 34 x 33.5 cut like LVC 66
Ande Whall "Streaky Grifter" 34 x 33.5 cut like LVC '66
Item Id:180808675276
End time:Feb-22-12 21:20:19 PST
Buyer:
mextekila (525)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Feb-08-05 in United States
Listing Status:This message was sent while the listing was closed.

ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 12:23am
are you... kevinagogo?
faithless, the wonderboy
mr randal View Drop Down
ADMIN
ADMIN
MDLD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr randal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 1:02am
When I'm not me, yes.
Maynard Fried-San View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maynard Fried-San Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 1:52am
I hear you haven't been yourself lately.
Dr_Heech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr_Heech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 7:48am

Oh have I been there before.  Ebay muppets.  You think if you exclude certain countries then they wont find you.  But they do.  They're breeding like rabbits y'know.

Mark, doesn't Kevin get fed up with you buying expensive stuff, then sellin' most of it a few month's down the line at a loss, or do you do all the ebay legwork??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 79>
  Share Topic