denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Denimbro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How it's worn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 978979980981982 1145>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:04am
Thanks, Double 0!
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:14am
Originally posted by HP Sauce HP Sauce wrote:

^ Ah. Mazing, Mr. Q.

I don't know where Jesus stands these days, but I can say I sometimes feel a short burst of affection for humans.  Especially when they succumb to crazy-n-colourful joy attacks like this. 

Agreed,
Last year... when the nights were drawing in, the local church was having its weekly service, like many church's here in the UK, aging ever dwindling congregation... I digress, It was a foggy night and the stain glass windows looked beautiful.. emitting some kind of ethereal light into the foggy darkness. I took my tripod and camera to get some long exposures, two old ladies walked up the path and stared asking what i was doing? they couldn't have been more charming, their husbands arrived so they said "ooh come over here and look at this" before the husbands even got within 10feet they said "Whats he doing?! setting off fireworks!!"
Nice one Christians... always looking for the best in people LOL
Rather than just apologies, they started to lecture me on the anti-social nature of fireworks, so i just fucked off back home...
HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:27am
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Inspecting clandestine gopher infiltration tunnels under that border fencing, CSL?  Wink

As a displaced prairie girl, I miss these cheeky little guys.  Their stand-in here in central Canada, the marmot/ground hog, is altogether less appealing, even setting aside their predilection for forecasting long winters...

Uh-oh.  I feel another pedagogical moment coming on (could also be heartburn, though):

HP Sauce
The Librarian View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Librarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
Looks great CSL
denimsince65 View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote denimsince65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:17am
Bought the jacket from someone on here.

I've slept since, so I'm buggered if I can remember from whom it came...

Anyone recognise it?

www.wabashtees.com
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by The Librarian The Librarian wrote:

Looks great CSL

Thanks, The Librarian!

HP. It's a rabbit hole. They seem to stay active even through the Winter. Ground squirrels are just starting to show their faces again. They are really a nuisance. In the Spring & Summer they constantly dig under the house. Every couple of days I have to fill the fresh holes with cement. 

HP Sauce View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP Sauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Originally posted by The Librarian The Librarian wrote:

Looks great CSL
Ground squirrels are just starting to show their faces again. They are really a nuisance. In the Spring & Summer they constantly dig under the house. Every couple of days I have to fill the fresh holes with cement.

Gopher Stew:

2 gophers - dressed and skinned
1/4 lb bacon
6 onion, cut fine
2 no. 3 cans tomatoes
6 white potatoes diced
1 1/2 T. fresh thyme
1 heaping T. flour dissolved in 1 cup water
1 Datil pepper cut fine or black pepper to taste

Boil gophers in water until tender with enough salt to taste. Fry 1/4 pound bacon, cut fine, until brown. Remove nearly all of bacon. Fry 6 onions cut fine in bacon grease until brown. Add 2 cans tomatoes to onions and cook slowly until well done. Add mixture to gopher meat. Add 6 white diced potatoes. Add fresh thyme, 2 cloves garlic, 1 datil or black pepper. Cook slowly in heavy covered pot about 2 hours. Add heaping tbls flour dissolved in 1 cup water and stir until thick.

Not being a meat-a-vore myself, can't vouch for the meal you'll get.  However, I have been told that bacon helps anything taste better.  Wink

CSL, I'm guessing the gophers view the underside of your home as a redoubt against hungry coyotes who don't bother with the fresh thyme prior to tucking in.  I'm surprised they (the gophers) aren't concerned about the culinary pursuits of your own pups...

PS  It would be entirely unseemly not to point out how great everybody is looking in the past few pages.  Still, I long to see a Bro show how it's worn in the snow.  Where are all those damn Canucks when you need them, eh?

HP Sauce
CSL View Drop Down
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:04pm
Thanks for the recipe HP. I'll let you know how it turns out (assuming I live).

Speaking of Coyotes, just snapped this guy a couple of minutes ago. Sure enough he was stalking squirrels. Probably would have got one too if some idiot with a camera hadn't screwed things up for him...

Edited by CSL - 13 Jan 2019 at 12:19am
leicadokyu View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote leicadokyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:27pm
Checking this store for some pasta ingredients.

Mister Miller Hat
Leon Denim USN Shirt
Leon Denim Type 1 Jacket
Leon Denim 1873 Duck Canvas Pants
Alden Indy

Art is all about doing what you shouldn't - Nobuyoshi, Araki
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:57pm
Caught on the store security camera leica?

Not being a meat-a-vore myself, can't vouch for the meal you'll get.  However, I have been told that bacon helps anything taste better.  Wink

Only exception i have ever found to this rule was lady-soul's lips when i bought her some bacon flavoured lip balm for her birthday (it was years ago, i had to import it) it did actually smell and to a lesser extent taste exactly like Frazzles ...like kissing a lorry driver, oh come on we've all done it in moments of weekness LOL

PS  It would be entirely unseemly not to point out how great everybody is looking in the past few pages.  Still, I long to see a Bro show how it's worn in the snow.  Where are all those damn Canucks when you need them, eh?

John b, has had a few good 'HIWITS' shots over the years, and don't forget mine from the camping thread. Brrr!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 978979980981982 1145>
  Share Topic