Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Life aside from denim
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you eating today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 3:16am

Fried fat covered in salt.

Champion food fit for dogs gods.

Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:04am
Oooh they look good. Love a pork scratching.

www.sidewinderapparel.co.uk
ranonranonarat View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranonranonarat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:06am
what is this devilry? what do they taste like? tell!
faithless, the wonderboy
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:08am
Originally posted by massivebonanza massivebonanza wrote:

Brilliant!! Thanks Mayno this is sterling stuff - just what I was after. Cheers mate

Sorry- missed this post. Will second Tayabs. If you've not already been, make sure you try their lamb chops. I've only been there twice and both times it was rammed with a large queue.

Also equally good is Lahore off Lisson Grove in Marylebone. Much emptier but very very good food.

There's a great place near me in East Finchley/Muswell hill that I can highly recommend called Indian Rasoi but i suspect that's a bit too out of your way.

Edited by Mr Black - 20 Apr 2016 at 4:18am
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:09am
Originally posted by ranonranonarat ranonranonarat wrote:

what is this devilry? what do they taste like? tell!

think baked belly pork skin with extra salt.
massivebonanza View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:58am
Mr Black, they were not too bad at all. Perhaps a bit over salted but pretty good. They met my customer expectation for crispness and soft fat with generally proper bite size attribute.

I do like it though when there is that one abnormally large piece in a bag, requiring a chomp in half, with a larger fat to crisp rind ratio. In this case, none were found.

Ranonranonarat, they are essentially pork rind - rather like the crackling from a piece of roast pork. However in this case they are made from the shank. Something of an English stereotype - in truth though not actually that commonly seen - but absolutely best eaten with a pint of beer.

Caveat - they can vary in quality!

whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:01am
/\ Oh, sorry I scrolled past your post to reply - thanks for the additional suggestions Mr B. 

No problem with East Finchley, happy to travel about.
Mr Black View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:04am
I think the quality of scratchings has reduced in recent years- certainly the supermarket variety. The fat to skin ratio seems to have tipped in the favour of fat.

Country pubs always sell the best ones. When I visit my parents in law in Cornwall, I always try to make a little stop off at a place in Launceston which sells sheets of crackling very cheaply. pig skin heaven.

Tempted to get myself a sneaky bag at lunchtime.
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massivebonanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:23am
I recall watching some food show* a while back and they visited a place making them. I've always eaten them but tried not to think too much about it, anyway as it turned out this place on the telly who I now cannot remember who it was at all, made it looked quite acceptable.

So carry on and indulge! 

* could have been Ade (Edmondson, of Bottom fame) in Britain.

Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:33am
I was going to join Instagram today but then i figured.. I could just post a photo of my breakfast here.

Maybe later i could spend 2hours recreating a faux period workwear pic, should one affect ones face with dirt or just add via photoshop....?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic