denimbro Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Denimbro > Brands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sugar Cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>
Author
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 4:41am
Originally posted by CSL CSL wrote:

Thanks for explaining, Lordjon. I may have to buy one of those things...

Using Speedy awl is more tedious, but the result is better, it's the closest thing to a sewing machine.
Lordjon View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 4:54am
Originally posted by LazyS LazyS wrote:

Originally posted by Lordjon Lordjon wrote:

To make the holes at the same distance, I used a sewing machine over the arcs of the paper to punch it. I think the stitch length I chose was 3 (in millimeters), the same as the 1947 LVC.

I used a speedy awl and I didn't remove the back pockets, so in this way the work becomes more difficult.

Thank you! This cleared up most of my questions. I guess the threads show on the inside by the sides of the pockets? still sounds easier than taking the back pockets off and getting them to match putting them back on.
They look really great. hopefully you won't have to stitch any more arcs for a couple of years!

You're right, you can see the thread inside the sides of the pockets, but they are only two stitches, you have to get very close to see it.

Who knows, it may take less than two years to do it again ...
julian-wolf View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:34am
Big thanks to anyone who saw these and neglected to post the link here or in Best of Ebay—There ended up being no competition! : )

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:36am
Rivets read Sugar Cane Work Clothes on washer and shank, and are backed with what feels like maybe deerskin or goatskin. Button shanks read 98 (year of production?)

Broark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Broark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:38am
Nice find, those are pretty cool.
Double 0 Soul View Drop Down
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by julian-wolf julian-wolf wrote:

Big thanks to anyone who saw these and neglected to post the link here or in Best of Ebay—There ended up being no competition! : )

Nice catch Julian, 1910 repro apparently. Ive hardly looked at the denimwebz this week, been too busy installing sheepswool in my cellar ceiling.

I didn't know the pocket bag material was selvedge (is it?)
How much did you pay? a few years ago a seller listed shit loads of them on Yahoo in all sizes (Panhead got a pair) but they were full rrp.
I like it when denimheads start to embrace a looser cut...
I'll endorse anything for cash
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by julian-wolf julian-wolf wrote:

I wonder why the swing ticket says M41300 instead of M41200? it cant be the wrong label because the 300's were 19800¥

whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Double 0 Soul Double 0 Soul wrote:

Nice catch Julian, 1910 repro apparently. Ive hardly looked at the denimwebz this week, been too busy installing sheepswool in my cellar ceiling.

I didn't know the pocket bag material was selvedge (is it?)
How much did you pay? a few years ago a seller listed shit loads of them on Yahoo in all sizes (Panhead got a pair) but they were full rrp.
I like it when denimheads start to embrace a looser cut...
Bottom edges of the pocket bags are made from the edges of the fabric, yeah. This has been the case on all Cane's that I've seen from this era onwards (post-'98 or so?), but you'd know better than me whether that's true across the board or whether I've just happened to hit on the right pairs. Conversely, this doesn't seem to be true for any Cane's from before this era.

Paid ¥8k + S&H. Had my max. bid in at ¥15k, I think, and I honestly didn't have very high expectations of winning with it that far below RRP. Goes to show that it can never hurt to try, eh?

I'm also real unsure about the model no. on the hang tag. For that matter, I hadn't been aware that RRP on any of this line was anything other than ¥19.8k Were the 3rd jeans some sort of special edition or something? Any idea?
whiskered
whiskered
anonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Double 0 Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 1:56am
Bargain!

The M41200's were priced at ¥23000 all the other 1998 M's were priced at ¥19800, the price would have been printed on the little tear-off label.

For a perfect deadstock pair there would also have been a little care booklet attached

I don't think Panhead got one either.

Regarding the price, i think the M41200's were considered a pretty special pair of jeans at the time with all the little details and such.
whiskered
whiskered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julian-wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:06am
Good to know that the 200 were considered a bit special. Makes some sense with the leather-backed rivets & fancy-dyed pocket bags & all. Any knowledge of what sorta info would've been inside the care booklet? Would be really interested to have a look if there're scans floating around anywhere, but I doubt that's the case…

Meanwhile, into the wash with them. Initial measurements sit at 35x39. Gonna go with the factory hem on these and a big ol' bucket cuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>
  Share Topic